• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,278 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, BeardedBubba said:

Awww man.  The NYCC Variant is gonna get the green label isn't it?  I mean it's rare enough that it won't matter to most.  I'd like to upgrade my 9.0 but I couldn't stand the green.  Lol.  I'll be curious to see what it sells for 

If it's signed inside it will be blue label. 

2 hours ago, BeardedBubba said:

I'm embarrassed to say I never knew that.  Thanks for the info.

14 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
2 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I thought that was the case. I have a Crow 1 with O'Barr peom and sig. Its a blue label. 

For the sake of the fyi

You can get blue label if the sig is on the cover too.

If you ask cgc to mark the signature as a defect, so I assume this is a 9.8 otherwise

2020_11_12 8_12 PM Office Lens.jpg

Has anyone heard anything about any possible future Eastman signings? I missed the last one (due to mail delays) and was hoping to have one of my books signed or sketched on.

Also would anyone know if Eastman does non-CGC signings through his website (Ideally would love to commission him to do a signature and sketch on one of my books in my personal collection, so having it CGC witnessed isn't a requirement for me). I emailed through his website and asked on twitter but never got a response in either case.

23 hours ago, Ryan. said:

22 hours ago, BeardedBubba said:

I'm embarrassed to say I never knew that.  Thanks for the info.

This is true! Mine is signed on the inside cover by Kevin and Peter...blue label.  And I didn't know that it wouldn't be green label either before I submitted it. :smile:

Edited by rich_TMNT

4 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Has anyone heard anything about any possible future Eastman signings? I missed the last one (due to mail delays) and was hoping to have one of my books signed or sketched on.

Also would anyone know if Eastman does non-CGC signings through his website (Ideally would love to commission him to do a signature and sketch on one of my books in my personal collection, so having it CGC witnessed isn't a requirement for me). I emailed through his website and asked on twitter but never got a response in either case.

No, he doesn't accept submissions due to the liability of handling other people's books/valuables.  Many that would be submitted to them would be very high value.

15 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Well after scoring a great copy of TMNT 2 first print in cgc 9.6 I was surfing eBay auctions and stumbled on issue 4 cgc 9.6. It was auction with zero interest it seemed as seller stated it was local pickup only. It may have discouraged bidders I went ahead bid anyways hoping he would change his mind and send it my way, and won the book for $ 354.00 US .The seller agreed to ship to my surprise ,  I felt this was also a great price for my fav cover in this run . Any thoughts ? 

I think you did great for that price.  A 9.6 just sold a few weeks ago for $699.00 on eBay.  It was a buy it now but someone was still willing to pay that much.  The first 4 books and Raphael just keep climbing.  I have a #4 9.2 coming back from CGC right now.  I would have jumped all over a 9.6 at your price.  Congrats.

That makes me feel great . I thought it was good but not sure how pricing spills onto the other books other than issue 1&2 which seem to get more price hikes than the others 

there was another bidder who placed their bid first and it was for minimum entry amount . I made one bid for minimum amount and overtook the bidding and then placed my security bid at very end . No other bids were made????? Odd but I’ll take it 

D5BB4F7F-BF69-4867-84F6-45ABB980BB00.png

1 hour ago, ghn999 said:

Wow!  With buyers premium included it's over $11k!  I've wanted to upgrade my 6.5 but at these prices I'll just be happy with it.  It almost feels like the floor for a CGC 1st print is $10k.  At least for the mid range low end books.  There's only a small amount of sub 5.0 books and I haven't seen any really low grades sell lately.  Has anyone seen any first prints sell with a grade at 5.0 or less in the past 6 months or so?

Edited by BeardedBubba
New thoughts to ad.

Question... when you see scuffs like this on a scan of a graded TMNT #1, do you think its on the book itself or the CGC case? I've got a raw copy that I'm trying to decide if I should get graded and I'm seeing these scuffs on quite a few of the #1 books listed in the Heritage auctions right now. My copy doesn't have any like these, so just trying to determine if they're on the books and affecting their grades. Thanks in advance!

TMNT-1-CGC.jpg