• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,272 posts in this topic

I was hesitant to post the pics due to its my first unboxing video and wanted feedback.

But in all fairness the pics have a lot fewer whatchamacallits or "and uh's"

Get to the point ADAMANTIUM :roflmao:

6 hours ago, So-CoAddict said:

Question... when you see scuffs like this on a scan of a graded TMNT #1, do you think its on the book itself or the CGC case? I've got a raw copy that I'm trying to decide if I should get graded and I'm seeing these scuffs on quite a few of the #1 books listed in the Heritage auctions right now. My copy doesn't have any like these, so just trying to determine if they're on the books and affecting their grades. Thanks in advance!

TMNT-1-CGC.jpg

Hey, most of the time that is the case that you see with the scratches. My #1 had it from the time it got back from grading many moons ago. I've gotten used to seeing them, but it never gets easy to look at. lol 

41 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Terrific book!  I looked up the page they did on him.  He was so young in that picture!

Ya almost hard to believe that was the eighties and and a shortish time later was the producing art for image. He's had his career almost all his life it would seem. Kind of why I wanted to ask him about it.

I sent in envelope after envelope with mega man or mario or even yoshi on it just trying to get into Nintendo Power as the top 20 sketch art that month lol

No such luck in finding it published but I never did get too many issues of it

1 hour ago, Icculus308win said:

Awesome book! 🤘🥰

I agree. I remember reading this as a kid and loving that cover. There is a segment on Life Force too, one of the greatest games of all time (I dare you to try and beat it without the cheat code!!!!!!!). Regarding the JSC sig and artwork, I had never read what he did, regarding 12 levels and all of the characters. It's pretty wild. In the video, he says he was already on to the next thing. I guess that's why he's a big DAWG in the comic business and his art sells for mega bucks. Thanks for sharing @ADAMANTIUM I love the shirt too!!! Congrats on a cool book!!! I want one now lol 

On 11/12/2020 at 3:52 PM, So-CoAddict said:

If you haven't seen it yet, Shellback Artworks recently posted to FB that they are going to be offering up some high-end books soon, all CGC graded. NYCC variant, a couple of #1 first prints, plus more.

264713939_ScreenShot2020-11-12at1_49_23PM.thumb.png.a373bd6b31f2170bf177591e5dfedf43.png

They're up on Facebook.  If anybody wants to follow along.

1 hour ago, So-CoAddict said:

Wow! They got their $12,000 starting offer immediately after posting them, and the 9.4 on Heritage is up to $12,500 now with 3 weeks left in the auction.

There is a 7.0 on Heritage also that is at $12,000 right now.  It makes me wonder why they are selling theirs on Facebook.  I would think they'd get more exposure on an auction site.  

1 hour ago, BeardedBubba said:

There is a 7.0 on Heritage also that is at $12,000 right now.  It makes me wonder why they are selling theirs on Facebook.  I would think they'd get more exposure on an auction site.  

Steve does a little selling on eBay but has, over the past few years, focused mostly on his FB page as his primary storefront. I do believe he has likely cost himself some real exposure, and thus potential revenue, but that's where he's evidently most comfortable selling and sees no need to change. I don't have a FB account so I can't even bid on his stuff but whaddyagonnado. 

I remember getting the first graded 9.8 #3 NYCC Variant many years ago.  Dan Berger was selling some Mirage overstock and I bought it raw on Ebay.  I had it signed and sketched by Kevin and sent it right to CGC.  It's crazy how prices have jumped. 

On 12/13/2017 at 12:05 AM, godzilla43 said:

My small Turtles collection. Turtles 2 has signatures from Michael Dooney and A.C.Farley. I am now contemplating that should I buy Turtles 1 second print or third :/

Second print it came out before Turtles 2 and it has "small" print run. Books 2-4 are second print. Then again it is at least 200-300 dollar book which is kinda the same thing than third print and not anything like the first print :/ 

turtles1small.JPG

turtles2small.JPG

Damn I never bought that TMNT1 second print or 3rd..
only if a nice copy would have landed on my radar for good price 2-3 years ago..
Well at least I bought those TMNT 2 and 4 which were like 30-40 dollars and those other were like 2-5 dollars.

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I've got a little free time today, so i thought I'd share another TMNT side-collection I've been enjoying lately: enamel pins.  I know these things are everywhere, but that's part of the appeal.  They are usually pretty inexpensive and you'll never know what you'll find.

IMG_5040.thumb.jpg.30360cdd8bcb9853daa717cb6713f4fc.jpg

Quite a few of these are from Kevin Eastman's website or Zen Monkey Studios, but others I've picked up at a variety of shows.  I found the 80's Donatello and Shredder at Baltimore Comic Con one year, I picked up the Jennika pin from Ben Bishop at NYCC, and the Shell with the Ooze in the belt was from Ian Glaubinger at a small show in Jersey last year.  I like that it can be a bit like a low-cost treasure hunt that can be easily-displayed.  It's the little things in life.  :cloud9:

Love these . I do the same for 1980s spiderman pin backs . I also have vintage pin of the turtles . I love that large black and white pin . What’s that from ?

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Love these . I do the same for 1980s spiderman pin backs . I also have vintage pin of the turtles . I love that large black and white pin . What’s that from ?

That one is also from Zenmonkey studios.

Linky

I do dig their comic-inspired pins.