• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Turtle said:

I've got a little free time today, so i thought I'd share another TMNT side-collection I've been enjoying lately: enamel pins.  I know these things are everywhere, but that's part of the appeal.  They are usually pretty inexpensive and you'll never know what you'll find.

IMG_5040.thumb.jpg.30360cdd8bcb9853daa717cb6713f4fc.jpg

Quite a few of these are from Kevin Eastman's website or Zen Monkey Studios, but others I've picked up at a variety of shows.  I found the 80's Donatello and Shredder at Baltimore Comic Con one year, I picked up the Jennika pin from Ben Bishop at NYCC, and the Shell with the Ooze in the belt was from Ian Glaubinger at a small show in Jersey last year.  I like that it can be a bit like a low-cost treasure hunt that can be easily-displayed.  It's the little things in life.  :cloud9:

Man that looks great, loving that Leo on the bottom right. Get you a sweet Denim jacket and pin up haha. I have this Mirage pin, found in a shop awhile back

BDA7725E-6CAF-43F3-8902-CC416E2F1906.jpeg

On 11/19/2020 at 10:08 PM, Wolverinex said:
On 11/19/2020 at 8:28 PM, BeardedBubba said:

FB_IMG_1605839211672.jpg

Wow, are we hitting over 2k per point now?  That means a 6.0 would be  over 12k and 5.0's over 10k?

CGC 9.4 Universal Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Printing - Heritage $36,000 with BP 12/10/2020

CGC 9.0 SIgnature - From the Kevin Eastman Collection - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Printing - Heritage $45,600 with BP 12/10/2020

12 hours ago, TMNT said:

It's not just the comics anymore...with a pile of 5K- 6K art sales, plus a 9K, and 3 recent art sales of 13K, 15K and tonight on HA 18K looks early art is starting to hitting highs as well.

The TMNT #5 page selling for $9,000 knocked me on my socks. It had sold on comic link about 18 months earlier for around $3,000 so to triple in just 18 months was shocking, and then on top of it, it’s kind of a weak page in my opinion, since the majority of the page is a space city.

28 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

The TMNT #5 page selling for $9,000 knocked me on my socks. It had sold on comic link about 18 months earlier for around $3,000 so to triple in just 18 months was shocking, and then on top of it, it’s kind of a weak page in my opinion, since the majority of the page is a space city.

I think the art of the Turtle in the first panel is iconic, being featured in some early ads and whatnot. It was one of my first exposures to Eastman and Laird's art, being prominently featured in ads in Archie's TMNT Adventures comics. I was offered that page for $1k a number of years ago...ah, hindsight!

Also, that splash page that went for $18k was a grail of mine for a long time. Even when Eastman had it listed at $15k on his site, it was too much for me though :cry:

Edited by spracknetch23

4 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

I think the art of the Turtle in the first panel is iconic, being featured in some early ads and whatnot. It was one of my first exposures to Eastman and Laird's art, being prominently featured in ads in Archie's TMNT Adventures comics. I was offered that page for $1k a number of years ago...ah, hindsight!

Also, that splash page that went for $18k was a grail of mine for a long time. Even when Eastman had it listed at $15k on his site, it was too much for me though :cry:

I was negotiating on that page with Fiona and just couldn’t pull the trigger. Shouldn’t have hesitated I guess.

10 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

Yes, definitely one of the most used images for sure but still a very unexpected result. And I remember also having a chance but at $1500 years ago. 

That 18K splash was also a major want for me just like you guys. Tried to get it for years but never could. And when Eastman listed at 15K I thought it was too strong a price, considering most art was trickling out at 4K a pop. Turns out they were right! A main reason I wanted it was too bookend my issue #3 splash. That moment in #3, when they discover Splinter is missing, essentially began that major arc including their real origin story that would run through issues #3, 4, Fugiotid, #5, 6, and culminate basically with that reunion splash in #7 when Splinter is back.

Still getting my head around that price...!

Edited by TMNT