• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,271 posts in this topic

@TMNTSlash and ChromeDome  were two of my favorites, and I love MOC turtles.  I have too many lol I never got a Scratch though, and had two deals fall through on me this year. Of course, I waited until they were 2500+ :ohnoez:I’ve since given up again and will revisit him again in a couple of years. I remember when he was $350. Crazy. Anyhow, I love the graded turtles, but they take up a lot of room. I must say that you picked out some winners, as those bubbles and cards are CLEAN (I’d expect nothing less from you lol ) I hope you enjoyed the holiday! 

I wanted to share what “toy” I got. I have been looking at these for a long time and was so surprised when I opened this from my brother. I just want to say that I was close to getting all the sideshow statues this past summer, and I’d rather have all of these Mondos. They are less delicate, and you could easily pose them. My other brother got this awesome Donny shirt for me too. @Mac Man also got me a copy of Last Ronin, which I will be reading today. I had a turtley Christmas. 

Peace to All!!!!

Well, the add files button is not working again, so I’ll add them in a bit. 

1 hour ago, SpideyFein said:

@TMNTSlash and ChromeDome  were two of my favorites, and I love MOC turtles.  I have too many lol I never got a Scratch though, and had two deals fall through on me this year. Of course, I waited until they were 2500+ :ohnoez:I’ve since given up again and will revisit him again in a couple of years. I remember when he was $350. Crazy. Anyhow, I love the graded turtles, but they take up a lot of room. I must say that you picked out some winners, as those bubbles and cards are CLEAN (I’d expect nothing less from you lol ) I hope you enjoyed the holiday! 

I wanted to share what “toy” I got. I have been looking at these for a long time and was so surprised when I opened this from my brother. I just want to say that I was close to getting all the sideshow statues this past summer, and I’d rather have all of these Mondos. They are less delicate, and you could easily pose them. My other brother got this awesome Donny shirt for me too. @Mac Man also got me a copy of Last Ronin, which I will be reading today. I had a turtley Christmas. 

Peace to All!!!!

Well, the add files button is not working again, so I’ll add them in a bit. 

Yup, I remember those days when Scratch was so cheap! MOC/MIB were sort of my original taste of collecting en masse. Started with wanting to get my original toys...then everything else! For years I collected and stored away. Then one day I pulled them out and was shocked. In one sense, it was awesome seeing everything out, all my years of collecting. But in another sense, I realized I had so much "stuff", which stuff for me are those items with little to no real meaning to me. So thus began my first ever sales, which took forever, where I basically sold it all to focus on those things that really did hook me (comics and art...then ultimately art!). So now, I'm coming full circle a bit with getting carded figs. But this time will be much more focused and disciplined and will ONLY get figs and vehicles that I fondly remember from childhood and only in certain conditions. So alas, Scratch/ Hot Spot will not make the cut cuz I never had him as a kid. But I did have and love Sandstorm so on the lookout for him. And yes, they do take up more room, but in my little display setup and for the volume I plan on getting, should be doable. More than anything, collecting these guys is FUN which is exactly what I'm looking for. 

Those Mondo and Shadows are pretty sweet. They really are making some great toys nowadays. With great paints, poseabilities, etc. But I just CAN"T, I simply REFUSE, to go down that rabbit hole...:insane:

I was one who had a mint MOC Scratch, and sold it during that $300 period. One of my regrets for sure. I no longer collect figures, but it was a blast when I did. One of the things that first drew me to TMNT in general was that original "bursting through a brick wall" packaging artwork. The sight of the wall of those cool packaged figures in the toy aisle was amazing as a kid. 

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

Note to self, don’t buy art during the middle of Christmas. This was shipped next day priority. It took over a week to arrive with no tracking updates. Thanks USPS....

Page 1 of Issue 1 of the Archie TMNT series.

184E5458-A972-4A51-B9C7-BB69998BF52E.jpeg

Ive had this similarly happen one time to me. A page from issue 10 arrived in just a Manila envelope, not even a backing board. From Europe. Somehow it made it just fine with minimal bend and appears to have arrived better than yours... So sorry, my man.

Relatedly, I did just make my two complete stories available for sale this weekend, one early Mirage and also my TMNT Adventures #2 book, if you have an interest and want more Adventures art. Feel free to poke around my CAF to see them

5 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Some of the coolest memorabilia out there were made by Playmates but in statue form . Nothing since has been so true to early comic art and toys as these . I figured I’d share since some of these cool figures have been brought up 

24CFBF1E-6505-4F6C-A7DE-DC774FFBDA4D.jpeg

7A4B8074-96CA-46FE-8153-3CC1BC15D302.jpeg

Absolutely! They completely nailed it back then and are my favorite statue set as well. Though I have been enjoying the recent PCS  ones based off the cartoon as well

1 minute ago, TMNT said:

Ive had this similarly happen one time to me. A page from issue 10 arrived in just a Manila envelope, not even a backing board. From Europe. Somehow it made it just fine with minimal bend and appears to have arrived better than yours... So sorry, my man.

Relatedly, I did just make my two complete stories available for sale this weekend, one early Mirage and also my TMNT Adventures #2 book, if you have an interest and want more Adventures art. Feel free to poke around my CAF to see them

My wallet hates you.... I’ll take a look

On 12/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, TMNT said:

To battle metal you've got have metal, so who better to meet that challenge other than 

METALHEAD

Another figure in heavy rotation, so much so this is one of the few that I've somehow lost my original, so loving him back in the collection now

20201225_120646.jpg

20201225_120544.jpg

These are too cool!  Growing up, I had all of these except Mer-Dude.  I didn't know much about Chrome-Dome outside of he was on the one I liked to use when I played Tournament Fighters on SNES.  Metalhead was always a favorite TMNT toy out of the many that I had. 

As luck would have it, he was one of the two TMNT-items I got for Christmas this year.  :headbang:  This time, it's the Neca version.  The kids like him because they play my TMNT arcade game a lot and Metalhead is the last boss of their favorite level, Alleycat Blues. 

I also got a blu-ray set of the complete 2003 series.  I never much cared for Back to the sewers and I couldn't make it through Fast Forward, but I really enjoyed watching the first 5 seasons.  The show does a nice job adapting a ton of storylines from the comics and the series has a lot of influence from Peter Laird.  It's still my favorite TMNT show.

IMG_5498.thumb.jpg.c980cac3c2af956c65635a921d7ab2a1.jpg

1st time I can recall visiting this thread. 

Those vintage graded Turtles are great.  Should post some toys in our toy thread in General. 

I hadn't paid attention to the prices of the original series for a long time. 

It wasn't too long ago where a guy brought in a box full of TMNT 1 thru 7 to a local store.  Tons of copies of 1, 2, and 3.  Multiples of Raphael #1.  Probably more that I don't remember.  But for clarity, no 1st print #1. 

I bought one of the nicer grade TMNT 2nd Print #1s for $200.  Another guy had it in his hands to buy and put it back.  Back wasn't turned for more than 2 seconds when I purchased.  I was really thinking it was dumb (too expensive and was likely a money pit), but knew I could never get a 1st print.  Needless to say, I've been shocked to see what some of these issues go for now.  

In retrospect, glad I grabbed a stack of those books.  

Patrick