• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, TMNT said:

How about another vintage toy to start the new year? 

RAY FILLET

Another great character heavy in the bathtub play sessions. In truth, I didn't have this 1st edition version seen but as an adult I can be a bit more picky. So there were 5 versions of this bad boy. These different printing show the gradual realization that Playmates made that making this color change Toy was expensive and so ultimately they took that feature away. 

- 1st version = "Awesome Mutant Color Change" starburst, Purple Chest with Red V. This is my AFA figure below. It let the kids know on the front and back that this guy changed color. Primarily done by dunking in water, he also changed color if he got too hot or too cold. How cool is that?! 

Spoiler

Twinsies!   I love this figure.  It's one of the coolest from the original 1988-1992 line.
https://tmnt-ninjaturtles.com/figures/playmates-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1988-1992-ray-fillet/

On 12/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, Subby1938 said:

Some of the coolest memorabilia out there were made by Playmates but in statue form . Nothing since has been so true to early comic art and toys as these . I figured I’d share since some of these cool figures have been brought up 

24CFBF1E-6505-4F6C-A7DE-DC774FFBDA4D.jpeg

7A4B8074-96CA-46FE-8153-3CC1BC15D302.jpeg

Man that's just drool worthy! I've seen them before in a pic by somebody, but snap they look shadowy and deep and broodily mysterious! That's a snap worthy pic! :x 

They are very heavy and solidly made . They are not small either . The sideshow versions are a tad larger but these just look the part to me . You can display them separately or like this forming a dio. I wish more people could see these in person I have no doubt they would seek them out . I’m blessed to have them.

Edited by Subby1938

On 5/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, Turtle said:

I KNOW THIS ONE!

From childhood (so memories can be fuzzy), I'm almost certain this sticker was included in the cassette version of the 1990 movie soundtrack.  I remember I saved it for a while because I thought it was cool.  Then we went to visit some family and it happened to be my cousin's birthday.  When he saw the sticker and said that he liked it, my parents insisted that I give it to him.  I reluctantly complied and watched him peel it off and slap it crookedly on his shirt.  :frustrated:

I thought I was over it, but maybe I'm not.  lol

Hopefully, now that you have it back in your collection you can sleep easy now, my friend. :bigsmile:

51 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Hopefully, now that you have it back in your collection you can sleep easy now, my friend. :bigsmile:

Thanks so much!

For those who don't venture into general, @Wolverinex was my Secret Santa in the gift exchange this year and he got me squared away with some great TMNT stuff, not the least of which was that sticker that I whined about here all those months ago.  :headbang:

Thanks again!

IMG_5634.thumb.jpg.aa9210f9cdf81963b41e051be38300e2.jpg

5 hours ago, Turtle said:

Thanks so much!

For those who don't venture into general, @Wolverinex was my Secret Santa in the gift exchange this year and he got me squared away with some great TMNT stuff, not the least of which was that sticker that I whined about here all those months ago.  :headbang:

Thanks again!

IMG_5634.thumb.jpg.aa9210f9cdf81963b41e051be38300e2.jpg

I got that same cookbook for Christmas. :) 

5 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

Anyone else have books submitted to CGC for the Eastman/Bishop signature signings? I'm super excited. I submitted 3 books: Donatello one shot TMNT 3 and 10. All books I picked up new.

I submitted 4 books. I noticed that they bumped the signing a month. Can't say I'm too thrilled about that.

54 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

@Turtle @cgcsketcherzWhich pizzas are you guys going to try out first?  

I'm going grocery shopping tonight.  I think I'm going to take a look in the book and see what ingredients I need.  I'm pretty serious about trying that Crazy Corn and Bodacious Bean Pizza.  The boys like corn and black beans, so I should have help eating it.  There are also some turtle face pizzas (made mostly of pesto) that look fun!

If any of them turn out well, I'll snap a picture and post it here.  

4 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'm going grocery shopping tonight.  I think I'm going to take a look in the book and see what ingredients I need.  I'm pretty serious about trying that Crazy Corn and Bodacious Bean Pizza.  The boys like corn and black beans, so I should have help eating it.  There are also some turtle face pizzas (made mostly of pesto) that look fun!

Love it! Can't wait.  

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Love it! Can't wait.  

Peace, its what's for dinner, nothing like home cooked gruel. And a side of hashbrowns!

48 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Peace, its what's for dinner, nothing like home cooked gruel. And a side of hashbrowns!

The sewer surfer looks cool too! 

Screenshot_20210106-184716_Brave.thumb.jpg.a1f7d9bbce0f5dc88aa83abcfbf7c697.jpg

Here's the book if anyone else is interested 

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Cookbook/dp/1608878317/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=tmnt+pizza+cookbook&qid=1609976941&sprefix=tmnt+pizza&sr=8-3

On 1/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, Wolverinex said:

@Turtle @cgcsketcherzWhich pizzas are you guys going to try out first?  

The Mac Attack a macaroni and cheese based pizza.

I was kind of hoping when I unwrapped it to see my inner five year old read how the turtles made those classic episode pizzas I used to watch as a kid and beg my mom to try and make and I'd get the turn down. Who wouldn't want jellybean or fudge ripple pizza?

9 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

The Mac Attack a macaroni and cheese based pizza.

I was kind of hoping when I unwrapped it to see my inner five year old read how the turtles made those classic episode pizzas I used to watch as a kid and beg my mom to try and make and I'd get the turn down. Who wouldn't want jellybean or fudge ripple pizza?

Sounds amazing! Please share a photo!