• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

I just looked and I have a high grade (probably 9.6/9.8) #16. Is it worth getting graded and slabed? Looks like there isn’t a lot in the census. Is that because it’s hard to find or no one wants it? 😂 No recent sales on a 9.8 either other than an SS one in 2018, any ideas on what one would go for?

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 1/9/2021 at 4:26 PM, hntr930 said:

I just got a TMNT Adventures #1 (Archie). There is this signature on the back. Does anyone recognize it, or is it the previous owner practicing for when they'll be a movie star? Any help would be appreciated!

tmntb041.jpg

Mushroom Dong, of course!:roflmao:

2 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

I just looked and I have a high grade (probably 9.6/9.8) #16. Is it worth getting graded and slabed? Looks like there isn’t a lot in the census. Is that because it’s hard to find or no one wants it? 😂 No recent sales on a 9.8 either other than an SS one in 2018, any ideas on what one would go for?

I would definitely slabe it . . . :whistle:

It’s a tough black cover . If it comes back 9.8 it was worth it . Ultimately it depends on what you’re doing with it  the cost of grading , may not yield a big return if it’s just a flip . I’m seeing great numbers on eBay auctions for issues 5-10 in 9.8 but I don’t know how long this will last but generally getting 9.8 is not easy with these early turtle books.

20 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

It’s a tough black cover . If it comes back 9.8 it was worth it . Ultimately it depends on what you’re doing with it  the cost of grading , may not yield a big return if it’s just a flip . I’m seeing great numbers on eBay auctions for issues 5-10 in 9.8 but I don’t know how long this will last but generally getting 9.8 is not easy with these early turtle books.

Not really a flip. I’m the original owner and not really collecting TNMT anymore.

4 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Not really a flip. I’m the original owner and not really collecting TNMT anymore.

I submitted the first 9.8 of that book.  The black cover makes it tough to find in 9.8.  It's also a Mark Martin story, so it's disjointed from the main Mirage narrative.  

It's definitely worth the submission if it has a chance at a 9.8.  It likely won't hit the same price as 9.8 that was worked on by the main Mirage guys early in the run, but you should still do pretty well if you decide to sell.   Even a 9.6 should have no problem selling for more than the grading fees.  

26 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

Damn, maybe not a 9.8. I didn't notice the bottom left corner (front cover), press may get it out (no color break, it's the lighting).  The back looks OK to me though!

IMG_2189.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg

IMG_2194.jpeg

IMG_2195.jpeg

That's not bad at 'tall!

Be proud, I'd love to not have come into turtles late, although the experience hasn't left me salty, I'm quite satisfied, but just glad to see others fair so well :x

Both my boys are big into sports cards, graded esp/PSA, but those one touch magnetic ones for their cards just under their slabbing tier. 
Happen to see at the card store they had a three pack of comic ones, so bought it and decided to put my three fave Ronin Covers in them.They are pretty convenient and cool I have to say. No scratches on any of them🏆

D139C0F7-2DB3-474D-8501-F20FC50AFD89.thumb.jpeg.0331d3c54b85d5fe343e2dcdb6dbbc43.jpeg

8 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

Damn, maybe not a 9.8. I didn't notice the bottom left corner (front cover), press may get it out (no color break, it's the lighting).  The back looks OK to me though!

IMG_2189.jpeg

IMG_2190.jpeg

IMG_2191.jpeg

IMG_2192.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg

IMG_2194.jpeg

IMG_2195.jpeg

I'd be more concerned about the tape on the BC . . . :baiting: