• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ectocooler said:

Thanks for posting, I’ve never seen this before. Found this in google: http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2017/01/the-independent-comic-book-sampler-1-2.html?m=1

tldr: there’s no new comic art just a little blurb about tmnt and a couple pinups, along with the TMNT cover.

Thanks for the info...It sold for $85.  Rare on the CGC census and an early turtles cover so may be worth picking one up...

8 hours ago, cbmitch said:

Anyone know the background on independent comic book sampler #2 that they would like to share?  Here is a link to a recent sale...Wondering if there is a new TMNT story or what is behind these prices for this book.  Def a cool cover...!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Independent-Comic-Book-Sampler-2-1988-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-BB408-/393059875623?hash=item5b8431bb27%3Ag%3APv8AAOSwoQZf257Q&nma=true&si=z%2FmBpfz5YdYhWuKYPvl9lN8tDHs%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

@cbmitch The two issues of Independent Comic Book Sampler contained bios of independent artists along with one or two pages of their artwork.  #1 contains Kevin Eastman and #2 contains both Kevin Eastman & Peter Laird.  Each of these were limited to 4,000 copies.  Here's an image of the inside back cover of #2 that provides details about these books (and a bit about Eastman & Laird).

There are very rare Limited Edition green variant covers for each of these books (limited to 50 copies each).  You can see the details about the green covers on the inside front covers of both #1 & #2 regular (black) editions.  The publishers gave 10 sets away as prizes and then the other 40 sets were distributed to contributors.   

Independent-Comic-Book-Sampler-01_1st-prIndependent-Comic-Book-Sampler-01_LimiteIndependent-Comic-Book-Sampler-02_1st-prIndependent-Comic-Book-Sampler-02_Limite

5 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I probably already posted this book around the time I got it back from the signing, but given how popular this issue has become, I figured I'd post it again.  I got a great deal on the book before it exploded.  I was happy that they all used the same color ink to sign and got the locations I asked for.  I did my best to get their signatures in there without obscuring the characters themselves. 

I just looked at the date.  I can't believe that signing was nearly 3 years ago!  Time flies!

1874337062_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesAdventures1SS9.6.thumb.jpg.ce913fed1d8a8540abc91e0abc11c0cb.jpg

That's just awesome! That 1st movie still holds up too!

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's just awesome! That 1st movie still holds up too!

I'd love to do a book focused on the 1990 movie!  Most of those guys don't to traditional shows, so it'd be tough to get that going. 

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'd love to do a book focused on the 1990 movie!  Most of those guys don't to traditional shows, so it'd be tough to get that going. 

Ya I havent tried to rewatch the cartoon,  but the arcade is definitely a win, would love to hear how people are enjoying the replay value....

They were a bit marked down a bit last Christmas but have been sold out since, so someday for me :wishluck:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya I havent tried to rewatch the cartoon,  but the arcade is definitely a win, would love to hear how people are enjoying the replay value....

They were a bit marked down a bit last Christmas but have been sold out since, so someday for me :wishluck:

I still play it probably once a week.  I play the original arcade game more than Turtles in Time...I think because I played that more as a kid. 

My kids will still go in and play it regularly as well.  They love that they can have as many lives as they want.  And sometimes I think they just like hitting the button that gives them extra lives.  Pretty often I'll hear from the other room:

"Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's kick shell!"

And he'll have about 150 credits on Michelangelo.  lol

12 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I still play it probably once a week.  I play the original arcade game more than Turtles in Time...I think because I played that more as a kid. 

My kids will still go in and play it regularly as well.  They love that they can have as many lives as they want.  And sometimes I think they just like hitting the button that gives them extra lives.  Pretty often I'll hear from the other room:

"Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's ki...Let's kick shell!"

And he'll have about 150 credits on Michelangelo.  lol

Haha classic!

I grew up with both, hit that sweet spot as it was multiplayer on consoles. I'll admit the shredder finale that can shrink turtles was best played in the arcade, cause as long as you had quarters you know?

Consoles limited lives, but that was an awesome game and good time. I bought the final fight one, play it occasionally,  but limited room now so TMNT will have to be the last for me lol

3 minutes ago, Icculus308win said:

ALL those Sigs & especially their placements are PERFECT!! Great book🤘🏆

Completely agree, what a fun book there! Now THATS how to do a SS on a book 

On 1/2/2021 at 10:36 AM, TMNT said:

...if only I could find someone who would accept payment in ART! :insane:

Quoting myself here from the beginning of the year when someone posted their first print for sale...

Well, miracle of miracles look I just might have done it. I'll share when I can, but keep positive Turtle vibes coming my way! 

Edited by TMNT

1 minute ago, TMNT said:

Quoting myself here from the beginning of the year when someone posted their first print for sale...

Well, miracle of miracles look I just might have done it. I'll share when I can, but keep positive Turtle vibes coming my way! 

:wishluck: