• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Quoting myself here from the beginning of the year when someone posted their first print for sale...

Well, miracle of miracles look I just might have done it. I'll share when I can, but keep positive Turtle vibes coming my way! 

Feel free to send me some art as commission :baiting: 

14 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Feel free to send me some art as commission :baiting: 

Feel free to send me some art just because.  :baiting:  :baiting:

On 2/3/2021 at 8:04 PM, Gazoony said:

Hi guys, wanted to see if there's anyone here who's selling any TMNT Mirage books in 9.8? 

I have 42 so far, and I'd be happy to send a list of ones I need, if you got any. Thanks! 

🐢

I'd recommend heading over to the Want to Buy area and write up a post listing out the individual issues you're looking for.  Once it's written out, link it here or possibly even add the link into your signature line.  

It also helps if when making the list you give people an idea of what you're looking to spend.  Setting price expectations from the outset helps prevent wasting time on both sides.  Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

I'd recommend heading over to the Want to Buy area and write up a post listing out the individual issues you're looking for.  Once it's written out, link it here or possibly even add the link into your signature line.  

It also helps if when making the list you give people an idea of what you're looking to spend.  Setting price expectations from the outset helps prevent wasting time on both sides.  Good luck!

Thank you for the advice! I've tried WTB for a few month and nothing ever comes of it. As for price, I don't have a price I'm looking to spend as all the Turtle books have different prices depending on scarcity. I'm very reasonable with pricing and don't low ball, so usually both parties are very happy.

1 minute ago, Gazoony said:

Thank you for the advice! I've tried WTB for a few month and nothing ever comes of it. As for price, I don't have a price I'm looking to spend as all the Turtle books have different prices depending on scarcity. I'm very reasonable with pricing and don't low ball, so usually both parties are very happy.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with a little cross posting if the posts are relevant.  If your WTB post is exclusively TMNT books, I don't think anyone would be upset with posting a link here.  Admittedly, many don't go directly to the WTB section often, but might if there's something they might be able to help with.

I'd still suggest giving price ranges.  The problem you'll be up against through no fault of your own is that so many have gone before you saying they're offering "reasonable prices" only to find out they are hoping to buy books at like 50% of what they're going for on ebay, for example.  

As for TMNT volume 1 books specifically, you wouldn't have to list a price for each book if you didn't want to, but I'd say most of the "guest books" of that era in 9.8 are roughly similar in price.  You could say something like:

$200-300 per issue for 48-62

$125-$200 per issue for 22-47

GPA for issues 1-21.

Something like this would let potential sellers gauge your interest level and determine if it's worth taking pictures and reaching out.  

Please note that these numbers are largely off the top of my head and should not be used as a guide for what you should pay for these books.  Pay a price that makes you happy and you'll never regret a purchase.

37 minutes ago, Turtle said:

@Wolverinex

The kids and I made this 2 weeks ago but I never got around to posting it.  We made the Bodacious Black Bean and Corn pizza I mentioned earlier from the TMNT cookbook.  This was a hit with everyone and I'm sure we'll be making it again.  We did a rectangular one since we just used store-bought Pillsbury Pizza Dough from a can.  Thanks again!

2024749562_Pizza1.thumb.jpg.31a5d6cd8b42649e1e3c1fba55973ade.jpg1963291382_Pizza2.thumb.jpg.ec2cb969a9099b1a2bb9d2266edbab9c.jpg

I'll also mention that we've made the breakfast pie 2 more times since the one we posted.  The kids like it a lot!  Though I've modified it a bit by scrambling the eggs, which makes the whole process less messy when handing a slice over to a 5-year old.  (thumbsu

Yum! So glad you are putting the book to good use.  Both pizzas looked delicious.  Which one did you like better? I tend to be a fan of the vegetarian options. 

Thank you for sharing again! Loved the update

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'd say there's nothing wrong with a little cross posting if the posts are relevant.  If your WTB post is exclusively TMNT books, I don't think anyone would be upset with posting a link here.  Admittedly, many don't go directly to the WTB section often, but might if there's something they might be able to help with.

I'd still suggest giving price ranges.  The problem you'll be up against through no fault of your own is that so many have gone before you saying they're offering "reasonable prices" only to find out they are hoping to buy books at like 50% of what they're going for on ebay, for example.  

As for TMNT volume 1 books specifically, you wouldn't have to list a price for each book if you didn't want to, but I'd say most of the "guest books" of that era in 9.8 are roughly similar in price.  You could say something like:

$200-300 per issue for 48-62

$125-$200 per issue for 22-47

GPA for issues 1-21.

Something like this would let potential sellers gauge your interest level and determine if it's worth taking pictures and reaching out.  

Please note that these numbers are largely off the top of my head and should not be used as a guide for what you should pay for these books.  Pay a price that makes you happy and you'll never regret a purchase.

Thanks for the input, very helpful. I'll keep in mind going forward. 18 more books to go. 😎🐢

1 hour ago, Peter G said:

Comic connect is metropolis comics . Same company 

3 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Comic connect is metropolis comics . Same company 

Yes but not this metropolis comics. Robert Wilson owned that Metropolis comics, a chain of shops in Florida. So they commissioned a special and worked with Kevin and Peter to make it. Since they (metropolis) published it, that’s why it says that instead of mirage. It has 0 to do with comicconnect or Vince.