• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,273 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

Here it comes, the turtle trio! The black mambas! Tres tortugas! Ok. I’ll stop, but they look darn good together! 

751A862E-F7C5-487B-A55B-30911D23BFCA.jpeg

That's the top of the mountain right there. Well deserved, Dan. 

8 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

(worship) Thank you sir!!!!!

yes woo Hoo!! that was a quick grading and return too! :headbang:  :tink: glad you have them in hand!

now, you don't need two :devil: I'm available to drool on one hahaha :foryou: 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yes woo Hoo!! that was a quick grading and return too! :headbang:  :tink: glad you have them in hand!

now, you don't need two :devil: I'm available to drool on one hahaha :foryou: 

Thanks! It would be tough to pry them away from my green hands lol  The Gobbledygooks do belong together, but I do need an AF15 now! You never know! lol 

40 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Thanks! It would be tough to pry them away from my green hands lol  The Gobbledygooks do belong together, but I do need an AF15 now! You never know! lol 

Ahh the viscous cycle of giving up greatness to get greatness...if only we had enough to keep it all! In the end, strive for what brings the MOST joy and you can never go wrong. So happy for you my man, AF15s are out there (though pricey)...Gooks on the other hand, legit ones at that, are truly scarce. I know you've been wanting a set forever now so I'm sure you must be over the moon. They are awesome sets to own. Now you only need a Gold...:baiting:

1 hour ago, TMNT said:

Ahh the viscous cycle of giving up greatness to get greatness...if only we had enough to keep it all! In the end, strive for what brings the MOST joy and you can never go wrong. So happy for you my man, AF15s are out there (though pricey)...Gooks on the other hand, legit ones at that, are truly scarce. I know you've been wanting a set forever now so I'm sure you must be over the moon. They are awesome sets to own. Now you only need a Gold...:baiting:

Ones up for auction on heritage just saying!

True! Then he could join me (and who else around here?) as members of a most exclusive club for the coolest kids on the block:

Those who have owned at the same time a Gold Turtlemania, both Gobbledygooks, and a TMNT #1 1st Print. The club better known as the the TMGG, Teenage Mutant Golden Gooks :cool:

2 hours ago, TMNT said:

It’s so so true- if we only had enough to keep it all! You also couldn’t be more right regarding what brings us the most joy. I’m surely thankful to have gotten these and others when I did. The turtles is something that’s at my core, like you and others in the thread/forum. I tried to figure out why the other day as I watched an episode of turtles with my son. It must be because of the show, toys, books and how they’ve reinvented themselves throughout the ages. They have been a presence throughout my life since I was 6. It’s pretty remarkable. We could always turn to the turtles for a smile. 

Why, why did you have to say it??? Ahhh, the Gold. I know others had posted it, but I think 25-30 easy on it, which is so much!!!! I will be watching it, but it’s surely not the right time. 

Teenage Mutant Golden Gooks!!! Wow! It would be amazing to own a Gold!!!!! Let’s see your #1!!! Did you get one?? 

2 hours ago, TMNT said:

True! Then he could join me (and who else around here?) as members of a most exclusive club for the coolest kids on the block:

Those who have owned at the same time a Gold Turtlemania, both Gobbledygooks, and a TMNT #1 1st Print. The club better known as the the TMGG, Teenage Mutant Golden Gooks :cool:

No gold but my GG's.  Tim from The One Stop Shop in MA helped me get my GG's authenticated a few months back.  I have had them for years and even had the insides signed by Peter and Kevin before slabbing but, alias, not authenticated.  They were signed in gold signature really pops in my opinion especially when looking at them in hand...hoping to get Peter to sign the cover at some point in my life.

20201213_083920.jpg

Edited by cbmitch

1 hour ago, cbmitch said:

No gold but my GG's.  Tim from the The One Stop Shop in MA helped me get my GG's authenticated a few months back.  I had them for years and even had the insides signed by Peter and Kevin but, alias, not authenticated.  The gold signature really pops in my opinion...hoping to get Peter to sign the cover at some point in my life.

20201213_083920.jpg

Very nice!!!! Yes, the gold is sweet. 

1 hour ago, SpideyFein said:

I know you had been looking recently. I hope you find one!

Actually not a Gold, but a #1st print. Though itd be cool to own a Gold again (or Gooks) I'm really content with simply having owned them all at some point. I can still remember when I finally had them all. I was supper happy! And then...I was like well, what next? I've reached the top of mountain. And thus began my Great Dismemberment and Golds went here, Gooks went there, 1st prints over there, my Raph 98 SS to Eric (:hi:), my at the time sole census #11 9.8...on and on. Funneling all my nickels into artwork and never really looked back.

Fast forward a few years back and I'm thinking I should get a 1st print again. I look into it, and WHAT? A 6.0 was now a $3,000 book?! And nothing against 6s, just not what I wanted. So bury my head in the sand and keep dealing with art. Then a friend last weekish tells me he just picked up a 5.5...for 13K. And now I know I've officially screwed up as there was just no way I could get a 1st print again in the grade I'd want. I owed a 7.0 originally years ago. Upgraded that to a 9.0 which I loved, but sold. Was hoping to get a 9.0 again but all I had was art and a 2nd print SS 9.6. Which I liked alot and helped ease the pain. But we all know thats not the same.

But then the stars aligned and I actually did manage to convert art into a first print. Just came in, let me dig up a photo of my improved spread. 

2 hours ago, kaylab said:

So CGC is now grading Gobbledygooks? What is the process to get the books authenticated by Eastman? hm

Wait for an Eastman (or Laird) private signing, and submit your books for authentication and signing.  One of them (Eastman or Laird) will authenticate and sign or not authenticate.  The books then go to CGC for grading if authenticated or back to the entity sponsoring the signing if not authenticated.  Once graded, they are returned back to the entity which held the signing (in my case, TOSS comics) and then are sent back to you.  Pretty simple process really if you make arrangements ahead of time.  I am not gonna lie, it was a bit nerve racking while counting on the U.S. Postal Service to be part of this process and deliver the books and deliver on-time.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:41 PM, cbmitch said:

No gold but my GG's.  Tim from The One Stop Shop in MA helped me get my GG's authenticated a few months back.  I have had them for years and even had the insides signed by Peter and Kevin before slabbing but, alias, not authenticated.  They were signed in gold signature really pops in my opinion especially when looking at them in hand...hoping to get Peter to sign the cover at some point in my life.

20201213_083920.jpg

I would love to get a Peter Laird SS book too. I think if CGC were to ever get him or him and Kevin Eastman together for a private CGC signing it would break their website from overload.