• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2021 at 5:30 PM, TMNT said:

Along with my Gooks. My Three sets of Gooks... :sick:

If it brings any comfort, the set I got from you still brings me great joy!  :foryou:

Goodness, that was a long time ago!  2009-2010 if I recall correctly.  

13 hours ago, Turtle said:

Anyone else picking up Last Ronin #2 today?  

I got an e-mail that my copy has been pulled and I'll be picking it up after work today.  :banana:

And with that, I'll be hiding from this thread until I read it to avoid spoilers.  :shy:

I did. 

Didn't know it was coming out today, so I was a tiny bit excited. 

Patrick

16 hours ago, Turtle said:

Anyone else picking up Last Ronin #2 today?  

I got an e-mail that my copy has been pulled and I'll be picking it up after work today.  :banana:

And with that, I'll be hiding from this thread until I read it to avoid spoilers.  :shy:

Picked it up today and it was great. Can't wait for issue 3.

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I did. 

Didn't know it was coming out today, so I was a tiny bit excited. 

Patrick

Past few months preoccupied with my sons’ and when their coveted nba/nfl: blaster, mega, box, hybrid and hobby boxes are in and ready to pick up 
Not to mention the original delay(s) with the Ronins, I didn’t know if the 2s were even on target. 

I had a box in my car since last week of some Graphic Novels, TPBs, Omnibuses to drop off at my comic store. On a whim just happened to work yesterday afternoon to swing by. I was floored when I walked in and he goes, “You’re here for your Ronins”    
I laughed and said, “Not remotely, but I am fricken now” lol   

Icing on the cake was due to my box of goodies, my copies yesterday and rest of series are for free :cloud9: 

I gotta say -

A88C51A9-DEF0-4C8D-B995-C8D64B3B9402.gif.29e9d3af89a72525404f7c91d6a986d9.gif

Edited by Icculus308win

I went in to pick it up.  I remember going in for issue #1.  They had no copies on the shelf.  Luckily I started a pull list for Last Ronin so mine was set aside.  

Yesterday I went in to browse around before picking up my copy from my file.  They had 8+ copies of the standard cover and another 8+ copies of the Eastman variant right on the shelves.  As I'm browsing, at least 5 people come in to pull their stashes from their files.  All of them had Last Ronin in them.  

The series seems to be picking up steam.  I hope they can maintain the momentum!

Hello!  First time poster on here.  I hope this is the right place to post this.  I inherited my Dad's collection and am reselling most of it with Comic Connect.  My Dad was a dealer at comic book conventions and shows and was friends with Eastman and Laird in the 80's.  He used to see them at the shows and they'd always chat at each other's tables.  Dad had all signed first print comics from them, #1-10, many in multiples.  I grew up with these stories (I was born in 84), but hadn't gone through his comics with him in 30 years.  Growing up and loving TMNT, It was so cool to go through his collection and see everything he had.  And I'm just realizing that the value of these comics is a bit crazy.  The TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 is up to $14,400 now!  I can't believe how much these are worth.  Part of me is really sad to see them go.  Every comic, action figure, movie were simply the best growing up... But this will help my Mom retire, so I am glad Dad is still taking care of her.  I think I will keep a few because they mean a lot to me.

I'm pretty new to all of this.  One quick question if anyone can assist.  What is the Variant Cover story with #3?  It says "Laird's Photo" in white on cover.  I can't see the difference between the regular and variant.  And it's hard to figure out what it's really worth.  Here's the auction.  Any idea what this is worth as a CGC 9.4 variant cover #3? 

Thanks!

Edited by DPV

9 hours ago, DPV said:

Hello!  First time poster on here.  I hope this is the right place to post this.  I inherited my Dad's collection and am reselling most of it with Comic Connect.  My Dad was a dealer at comic book conventions and shows and was friends with Eastman and Laird in the 80's.  He used to see them at the shows and they'd always chat at each other's tables.  Dad had all signed first print comics from them, #1-10, many in multiples.  I grew up with these stories (I was born in 84), but hadn't gone through his comics with him in 30 years.  Growing up and loving TMNT, It was so cool to go through his collection and see everything he had.  And I'm just realizing that the value of these comics is a bit crazy.  The TMNT #1 CGC 8.5 is up to $14,400 now!  I can't believe how much these are worth.  Part of me is really sad to see them go.  Every comic, action figure, movie were simply the best growing up... But this will help my Mom retire, so I am glad Dad is still taking care of her.  I think I will keep a few because they mean a lot to me.

I'm pretty new to all of this.  One quick question if anyone can assist.  What is the Variant Cover story with #3?  It says "Laird's Photo" in white on cover.  I can't see the difference between the regular and variant.  And it's hard to figure out what it's really worth.  Here's the action.  Any idea what this is worth as a CGC 9.4 variant cover #3? 

Thanks!

Well welcome to the Boards, good that it is providing relief and a bit of joy to your family :) 

As far as I know the "variant" just seems to have more white to the cover, be it splotches or the over all effect of the white :wishluck: it's hard for me to pick out of a crowd too lol 

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well welcome to the Boards, good that it is providing relief and a bit of joy to your family :) 

As far as I know the "variant" just seems to have more white to the cover, be it splotches or the over all effect of the white :wishluck: it's hard for me to pick out of a crowd too lol 

Thanks so much!  I should know better and googled first.  The description and side by side pictures here in this article make it a lot more clear.  If you look at the sign that says "Laird's Photo" one is mostly white (variant) and the other is mostly blue (regular).  The story makes sense too.  I still have no idea what the ballpark value is, but I guess I'll find out in a few days. 

Edited by DPV

1 hour ago, DPV said:

Thanks so much!  I should know better and googled first.  The description and side by side pictures here in this article make it a lot more clear.  If you look at the sign that says "Laird's Photo" one is mostly white (variant) and the other is mostly blue (regular).  The story makes sense too.  I still have no idea what the ballpark value is, but I guess I'll find out in a few days. 

So sorry for your loss. I’m glad your dad is still able to care for you and your mother this way. As to the value of a 9.4 3 lairds photo? Probably around $3500 or so. Shellback has a 9.2 listed at $3000 and it hasn’t gotten a bite. Good luck, it’s one of the books missing for my collection.

3 minutes ago, jaybuck43 said:

So sorry for your loss. I’m glad your dad is still able to care for you and your mother this way. As to the value of a 9.4 3 lairds photo? Probably around $3500 or so. Shellback has a 9.2 listed at $3000 and it hasn’t gotten a bite. Good luck, it’s one of the books missing for my collection.

Great to know.  Thanks so much!

Wanted to report this to our members so nobody gets fooled by this scam . Don’t send money or even communicate with this member who randomly sends PMs that they have a fiend that can help with books you want . It’s a scam . It’s been posted somewhere already I wanted people to stay away or report this 

02FD995E-85D4-40AA-84C1-7D6CEB2A3749.png

13 minutes ago, TMNT said:

New art day! Pumped to have a video game cover in the collection...painted on canvas like a true masterpiece!

Genesis.thumb.jpg.96f2f068bb96497d900d1cee17676226.jpg

And on the toy front, recently welcomed these two troublemakers into the collection as well.

20210226_181419.thumb.jpg.229716c6ef1d8e8eb2f13a407a819025.jpg

Man as a kid that raphael looked gorgeous, even when I was on the fence about the game at first, that's a banana's painting :banana: Suhweeet!