• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, spracknetch23 said:

Nice, looks like some cutouts from TMNT magazine as well.

Yes indeed! I had forgot about the comic strip, while googling the poster I realized where most of the others came from, but it was probably done by a 8-9 year old self lol and just was sporadic ha

Good times though, I remember my mom buying the mag to read while she was shopping, just didn't remember the name of the book/mag.

That was some jogging of the old memories :x by the way it's her birthday too, so It'll give me something to thank her for when I bring over the cake :headbang: 

31 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Some stickers cut to form from when I was a kid

TMNT poster, that I'm wondering if it would be in good shape if I pulled it out and unfolded lol 

along with other random pics...

ALSO THE 1ST TMNT NEWSPAPER STRIP IN DALLAS FEATURING THE TMNT :) 

image.png.e51e24bd9207446fbfbe748d4338fbf6.png

IMG_20210328_100414448.jpg

IMG_20210328_100434646.jpg

IMG_20210328_100442705.jpg

IMG_20210328_100425849.jpg

Your scrap-booking skills was sharp for that age,brings back memories it makes me smile seeing so much positive énergie!i love those cards must have a brunch left at my folks house lol

4 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Your scrap-booking skills was sharp for that age,brings back memories it makes me smile seeing so much positive énergie!i love those cards must have a brunch left at my folks house lol

Ya I was young. Even the comic strip is out of order, it was supposed to be leonard, donatello, mikey, then raphael, but haha I did them out of order I think on purpose, cause raphael was the good part haha.

The stickers were fun to cut, but these were my extra. I had cut a few to put on paper sack self made book covers for school  lol

Totally! Nothing ludicrous, just 💪 prices for 🐢 books, so I’m happy. 

- I was a little surprised the #3 Variant didn’t go for more around $10K. That’s a unique book

- That #1 9.2 going for $32,400 really is something to see 🤘

A buddy of mine text this to me.
He’s not a Turtle guy and not on the Boards or Registry - he is old school.
He is HUGE Golden n SA guy and has some insanely rare HG books. He loves oddities..... so he got this is in a deal with some SA book years ago he said. 
He like many of the Gook fans recently sent them in to Kevin=>CGC

E1BD7CE9-2FBC-4C16-A5F0-2FDF311D9FFC.thumb.png.72c867259ec2380e7bc634f418e3dcbb.png

Edited by Icculus308win

3 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

- I was a little surprised the #3 Variant didn’t go for more around $10K. That’s a unique book

You funny guy!!! 😝

22 hours ago, Icculus308win said:

Agreed, I was thinking the same.  I'm pretty sure this exact book went for 10k on eBay a while back.  There's only one yellow label variant 9.8 on the census.  Must of not had the right people's attention?  Who knows. 

Those signed Gobbledygooks are amazing!  Wow!

1 hour ago, DPV said:

Agreed, I was thinking the same.  I'm pretty sure this exact book went for 10k on eBay a while back.  There's only one yellow label variant 9.8 on the census.  Must of not had the right people's attention?  Who knows. 

Those signed Gobbledygooks are amazing!  Wow!

I actually bought it from the seller for 2850. He was initially asking 8500 for it. But he needed the money and dropped the price. Then in 2019 prior to the cgc awards the same individual wanted to purchase it from me for 25k, it would have elevated them into first place. But I have a good relationship with Icculus so I couldn’t let him lose his top spot. 

I just recently sold it for 8500 on eBay. I had a feeling it would go up on HA. Bad timing to move the book and the seller lost 1k. But that’s the game some play. 

5 hours ago, Racerboy1 said:

I actually bought it from the seller for 2850. He was initially asking 8500 for it. But he needed the money and dropped the price. Then in 2019 prior to the cgc awards the same individual wanted to purchase it from me for 25k, it would have elevated them into first place. But I have a good relationship with Icculus so I couldn’t let him lose his top spot. 

I just recently sold it for 8500 on eBay. I had a feeling it would go up on HA. Bad timing to move the book and the seller lost 1k. But that’s the game some play. 

What a cool story!  That's some market volatility.  With the small print run of the NYCC variant (500), and given the upward trend of #1 (~3000), I would think the NYCC variant would keep going up as well. 

Just watched the Storage Wars episode where Rene visits Kevin Eastman with a third printing #1 and issues 2 - 4. I believe this is the 2nd stash of Turtles 1 - 4 found on the show?

Kevin valued them at $750 for all 4, and after he signed them, $850.

I will take them all for $750/$850 :takeit:

The thing about the #3 NYCC variant is that it’s only sought after by TMNT fans.  The mainstream market is focused on the first three printings of number #1, Raphael #1 TMNT adventures 1988 #1 and issue #2.  Those are the key books that have major first appearances where is #3 does not.  But that’s just my opinion.