• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,273 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gazoony said:

That book is so hard to find in 9.8. @Icculus308win Maybe if you get tired of your copy, you can pass it along to me. LOL. I'm stuck now at 56 of 62 issues of Vol. 1 in 9.8.  😎🐢

@Racerboy1 Congrats on the recent Heritage sale and thanks for helping me out with my collection as well!

Or if you get tired of it I’d gladly take it 

On 4/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, Ryan. said:

001.thumb.jpg.024197924cf263149b11afb319bbc5c3.jpg

That's awesome! 

It goes well with the #1 you're holding for me. 

21 minutes ago, ectocooler said:

Makes sense, he cashed out with the sale to Viacom back in 09. And before that he didn’t go to many cons anyway. Fans would have to make an emotional appeal rather than CGC making a financial one.

Btw 60 million for TMNT was a steal for Viacom in retrospect.

Agreed on the money. 

At the time, I thought they were smoking something.  Oh so wrong of me. 

Patrick 

56 minutes ago, Turtle said:

It took a few calls spanning several hours on the phone with USPS, but I was able to kickstart the search for my box earlier this week and it just arrived exactly 1 month after I sent it:

IMG_6581.thumb.jpg.fb8bd794fba92e6708d76aaf7ffcbc2c.jpg

This thing was SOAKED at some point.  It must have been exposed to water for quite some time.  Front and back and both sides of this corner were paper-thin and flimsy from water damage.  The post office covered the corner in tape to reinforce it. 

THANKFULLY, the interior packaging did its job.  It's a good reminder that good packaging practices save books:

Every book was bagged and boarded.

Books were place in an alternating "cover up, cover down" pattern to keep a uniform thickness for the stack.

Each stack was placed inside a CGC slab bag and taped shut to make a water-resistant brick of books. 

Each brick is taped to cardboard that's bigger than the books to keep edges and corners safe.

Every brick/board combo is wrapped in bubble wrap. 

Packing material prevents the bubble-wrapped structure from moving around in the box.

Thank you for the well-wishes everyone.  I'm going to count my lucky stars, take a breath, and try sending these in in a few days. 

Holy, that box gives me nightmares. 

Patrick

1 hour ago, ectocooler said:

You should file a partial insurance claim for stress / emotional damage. hm Happy to hear your due diligence paid off and saved those books.

I don't know what can be claimed, but I would add that it would certainly reasonable to claim a figure that at least covers the cost of packing materials, postage, and lost time.

Also, what on Earth is the postal service doing that allows their packages to spend long periods of time soaking in water? I mean, did the postman drive into a lake?

5 hours ago, Ryan. said:

My rule of thumb when going after ungraded copies is to bid/offer with the assumption that they have color touch. 

I work on the exact same assumption.