• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

They are. Pretty pleased with those grades. 

I've never seen those books before.  Cool!

9 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I hope you display it prominently in your dining room. 

It's in my office with my other "unmentionable" art that freaks out my mother when she comes to visit (my Death Dealer, Decapitated Gwen Stacy homage to Crime Suspensestories 22, and the cover to The Birds, The Bees, and The Turtles.) O and for some reason, a Venture Brother's signed limited edition poster from NYCC.  I think I just put it there because I always loved seeing it and I am in the office 8+ hours a day.

Rooms are as follows:

Living Room = Star Wars (Lithos, OA from Marvel, Cast Signed Movie posters)

Dining Room = Spider-Man (OA from the books, OA from the Newspaper strips, signed posters)

Office = "unmentionables" as described above, plus the usual office stuff (the Samsung Frame, which is a TV that looks like art when its not on, a white board, and my various degrees, citations, and other awards)

Turtle Rooms = WAY too much Turtles stuff lol (Neca figures, limited edition figures, my playmates collection from when I was a kid, posters, original art, hundreds of comics, Cels.)

Hallway = Kirby Superman and Captain America along some Neal Adams Batman.

Spare Bedroom = Wrestling room LOL (OA from the WCW Marvel books, signed programs and promotionals from when I was a kid)

My Bedroom = Nothing (funny right?)

Basement = Every video game system ever (NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, PSX, PS2, PS3,PS4, Xbox One X, Xbox, Xbox 360, Switch, Dreamcast, a few Arcade 1UP setups.  

Did I mention I'm single?

16 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

I forget if I ever posted this here, but if you appreciate Kevin's early um "work" I offer this painting of his I own.

IMG_3331.jpg

That is more Bode style work, I wonder if Eastman colored it?

5 hours ago, PeasOfCrap said:

That is more Bode style work, I wonder if Eastman colored it?

According to Kevin, he did the whole thing.  He wrote "Bodé" as a nod to Vaughn, who's work was the inspiration of the piece.  He wouldn't meet Mark until 85 or 86 at SDCC, he couldn't remember which.  However the two did hit it off, and with Epic shutting down (which makes me think it was more likely that it was the 86 show, though it's possible Archie knew in 85 that the book was going under) Mark jumped on board and joined the Mirage team.  I own a few of Kevin's early works.  Here's another I haven't yet gotten over to the framer, it looks a lot better in person, the camera sucked.  Also has a really cool sketch on the back of a woman.  I should claim it's first April O'Neil and sell it for $1,000,000.

123742259_3416995191715678_8144317206006677598_n.jpg

Just now, Subby1938 said:

Very cool I also have these from a boxed set I bought years ago . Really cool toys 

0843D5D0-F2EC-40F8-AC93-DC47A1DB0432.jpeg

I agree! I actually also have this four-pack set and a box set of the four in black and white too. I was shocked when I saw what they're selling for on eBay, might have to bite the bullet and sell... They are ridiculously cool though.

There are rumors that NECA is going to bring back the Mirage toy line, they’ve been testing the waters with some loot crate exclusives. NECA has no qualms with constantly reissuing stuff, and if they do the secondary market prices for the first release stuff will plummet. It’s a gamble but if you feel you can live without them I’d say sell and invest that money in some key comics.

I was responding to Jesse-Lee since he seemed on the fence with selling, and now is probably the time to capitalize. NECA keeps pumping out new turtles seemingly every week. Glad you like them though, I’m not selling mine either. But I wish I sold my Mezco Wolverine before they announced that new one.