• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ectocooler said:

I was responding to Jesse-Lee since he seemed on the fence with selling, and now is probably the time to capitalize. NECA keeps pumping out new turtles seemingly every week. Glad you like them though, I’m not selling mine either. But I wish I sold my Mezco Wolverine before they announced that new one.

I always said I'd be a terrible comic book shop owner, because I'm awful at selling things, even if those things sit in a box and I never look at them again (which for stuff like these TMNT figures is probably a great reason to sell them, so someone else can actually enjoy them). But I'm really considering selling the Neca TMNTs - the ones above and the boxed sets I have - because it would take me a long way toward owning a book I really want, like a Batman 251 (could probably even get a 9.2-9.4ish with the sale proceeds based on current market price for the turtle figs) or even potentially a low-mid grade ASM 129...

I thought I would let my fellow shellheads know about my Gobbledlygook 2 for sale. This is literally the first time I’ve used a big auction house. Check it out, and bid if you dare lol 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/gobbledygook-2-signature-series-kevin-eastman-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-vf-85-white-pages/a/122118-11253.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

1 hour ago, pubmonkey said:

I'm sure! Good luck, I hope you set a new record with this one ^^

I hope so!!!! Thank you!!! The last two sales are miles apart, so we shall see. I’m staying positive! 

1 hour ago, sorrenmj said:

Hi there fellow turtle fans! I am new to this forum but I am looking forward to reading through what people have posted!

Welcome to the Boards! T.M.N.T. Turtle Power! :banana: 

Hello turtle fans. I'm super happy to be here, an actual online turtle forum to explore! Lots of turtles stories here! Anyway, I am hoping people can help me maybe? I have a raw copy of TMNT volume 4 issue #29 signed by Peter Laird 2008 with a head sketch in new/unread condition. I asked Peter if he would sign it for me and he did. It has been stored in a comic bag since received from Mirage in 2008. Apparently in all the years I have had it it has become highly sought after? Can anyone confirm if it has become a big ticket and does anyone know what this could be priced at if I do sell and where can I sell it? I have read too many horror stories from eBay sellers to consider eBay. Any help would be welcome, thank you from a total turtle novice!

thumbnail_IMG_3467.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3466.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3465.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3464.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3463.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3462.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3461.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3460.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3458.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3457.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3456.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg

9 minutes ago, sorrenmj said:

Hello turtle fans. I'm super happy to be here, an actual online turtle forum to explore! Lots of turtles stories here! Anyway, I am hoping people can help me maybe? I have a raw copy of TMNT volume 4 issue #29 signed by Peter Laird 2008 with a head sketch in new/unread condition. I asked Peter if he would sign it for me and he did. It has been stored in a comic bag since received from Mirage in 2008. Apparently in all the years I have had it it has become highly sought after? Can anyone confirm if it has become a big ticket and does anyone know what this could be priced at if I do sell and where can I sell it? I have read too many horror stories from eBay sellers to consider eBay. Any help would be welcome, thank you from a total turtle novice!

thumbnail_IMG_3467.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3466.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3465.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3464.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3463.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3462.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3461.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3460.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3458.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3457.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3456.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3454.jpg

I know the copies of these that have the large detailed Laird sketch on the inside back cover have sold in the $2000 range. Not sure about the standard copy with a remark on it. 

Just now, Ryan. said:

I know the copies of these that have the large detailed Laird sketch on the inside back cover have sold in the $2000 range. Not sure about the standard copy with a remark on it. 

Ah OK, that's something to consider, thanks for your insight.

On 5/30/2010 at 2:17 AM, Mac Man said:

This is definitely going to be the next big blue chip book in my opinion. It possesses the 3 main characteristics for a blue chip: 1. low supply, 2. high demand, and 3. long-term presence in mainstream pop culture.

Watch where this book is 20 years from now and I bet it leaves the realm of affordability for the common collector.

2c

OK so your post was 05/30/2010. I'm from the future 05/13/2021 and I am here to tell you that your prediction of it leaving the realm of affordability for the common collector was spot on! See what it fetches now?!

3 hours ago, sorrenmj said:

OK so your post was 05/30/2010. I'm from the future 05/13/2021 and I am here to tell you that your prediction of it leaving the realm of affordability for the common collector was spot on! See what it fetches now?!

:sumo: