• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

TMNT (the original series)

#1 - 4th print

#2 - 2nd print

#3 - 2nd print

#4 - 2nd print

#5 - 2nd print

6-15

17, 18 (Colour Reprint)

24-32, 33 (1st Colour), 34

He offered these for $50 shipped, seems high to me. What do you TMNT collectors think?

Is any of the other TMNT series good? He also has he Archie TMNT series and a few others.

Edited by kidcolt

I think that might be a bit high, but not too bad. If you were getting 1st prints in the lot that would be much better, I'd say definitly a good deal. That said, its not terrible. You're getting the best of the stories in the 1-11 run. I would have liked to have seen some other great stories like 19-21, and 50-62 but those other issues are pretty good as well.

As far as the other volumes of TMNT goes, it sort of depends on your prefernce. The Archie are cool if you liked the old school toon as they were made in that same vein (though towards the end of the run, they got a bit more serious and darker). Image comics run was neat, if a little distrubing in the disfigurements of the TMNT and all that.

He wants $125 for these

#1 - 3rd prints

#2 - 1st prints

#3 - 1st prints

#4 - 1st prints

#5 - 1st prints

Not sure I want to spend that much, however it sounds like it might be a fair offer.

Just got my grades in on these. The one on the left is my keeper copy. It's a 9.6 with White pages, making it among the highest graded and it's the only SS. The one in the middle got a grade bump from a 9.0 to a 9.2. The last one had never been slabbed before, but it's also a 9.2. 1 9.2 has white pages, the other has OW/W

Thought I'd share here. Unless there were any others done at the show. These are the only three SS error variants on the census!

100_0520.jpg

Very cool!!!

If the market hadn't recently been "flooded" with these books, I'd think you'd nab some pretty incredible coin. That said, still great books!! Congrats!

Well, basically NO books had been for sale of this book, graded or not, for years. I searched high and low everyday, tapped all sources, and the book was virtually nonexsitent (except for a 9.0 that was on clink for a while for around $900 i believe that didnt sell at the time)

All of the sudden, this past August a fellow shows up with about 50-60 books, half graded, half loose. He intitally sells some graded ones (9.6s, 9.4, 9.2, 9.0s) and throws in a raw one for free! So peolple start buying them, keeping the slabbed, sending in the raw to be graded, then selling those.

All of the people who really wanted one, got them early and drove the prices up cuz no one knew how many this guy had. Slowly, prices started to drop and where a 9.6 was selling for over $900, soon they were selling in the $400s.

To this day, he keeps throwing out books occasionally. When I spoke with him he told me that back in the day a friend(?) at a comic shop told him to buy all of these recalled comics before they pulled them off the shelf cuz he thought they would be rare one day. He does, and forgets about them for years. He hears about CGC, sends in a few, and the rest is history.

So while its no major flood, for a book that maybe 2-3 have popped up in the last few years, to have about 50-60 floating around all of the sudden is a pretty big jump.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles4Error.jpg

TMNT4White.jpg

TMNT4Off-White.jpg

The 9.2's are for sale if anyone's interested. They're listed in the appropriate areas, but I thought I'd share here.

Awesome! :banana:

Yea, those early wrap around covers are so fantastic. This one in particular is neat in how you see the reflection off of the Mouser. Very cool and congrats!

I know the Overstreet Guide has become somewhat irrelevant, but I picked up a copy today and for the third straight year (maybe 4, cant remeber) they fail to assign prices to TMNT 1. This annoys me for some reason.

Hey TMNT fans. Do you have any info on this book. Apparently the panel with Donatello is actually inked, at least, by laird. Is it something no one cares about or does it have any value at all to completionists.

kagaroos001.jpg

kagaroos.jpg

Edited by MCMiles

Hardly any value and ONLY to TMNT completionist fans. Worth maybe a $1 or so. Pops up with some frequency on the Bay and also on major comic sites online.