• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

This has got to be the most prolific double cover book in the world. I have one, I personally know two people who have one plus several have shown up on eBay over the years. I wonder just how many are really out there.

Is that the photo taken from ebay? It looks VERY familiar because I thought it looked funny. Some trick photography makes the book look very tiny relative to the hand, especially considering it's a magazine-sized book.

Is that the photo taken from ebay? It looks VERY familiar because I thought it looked funny. Some trick photography makes the book look very tiny relative to the hand, especially considering it's a magazine-sized book.

I picked up 3 double cover copies of this the day it came out. Sold a raw one on the boards here for cheap, kept a 9.6/9.6 and sold a 9.8/9.8 for $1,100.

I was thinking the same thing that it appeared too small, but thought it was due to the size of the closest fingers.

You did well on the 9.8/9.8. There was one that had an interior 9.8 (don't know the exterior grade) go on ebay earlier this year for around $500 or so. Well done! :golfclap:

You did well on the 9.8/9.8. There was one that had an interior 9.8 (don't know the exterior grade) go on ebay earlier this year for around $500 or so. Well done! :golfclap:

I picked up the 9.8/9.6 for $370 on Comiclink earlier this year. The 9.8/9.8 is clearly more appealing but 1100 is a very good price to get on that book.

Yup. That picture is from the auction of which I bought the book. I'm lazy, so sue me :-P

Just picked these up off ebay tonight (so the images are from ebay, but will take my own when they get here)

Theres are the dreaded COUNTERFEIT copies of GobbledyGook 1 and 2. They are the infamous yellow cover copies with the poor forging of Kevins signature in them.

gobblefakes1.jpg

gobblefakes2.jpg

Just picked these up off ebay tonight (so the images are from ebay, but will take my own when they get here)

Theres are the dreaded COUNTERFEIT copies of GobbledyGook 1 and 2. They are the infamous yellow cover copies with the poor forging of Kevins signature in them.

gobblefakes1.jpg

gobblefakes2.jpg

I saw those as well but I thought the asking price was to high. Great pick-up anyways!

gobblefakes1.jpg

gobblefakes2.jpg

I saw those as well but I thought the asking price was to high. Great pick-up anyways!

Yea I agree. I sent him an offer, but it was significantly lower than yours. Great books though. Really hope you enjoy them :)

Yea I agree. I sent him an offer, but it was significantly lower than yours. Great books though. Really hope you enjoy them :)

I agree that $500 was too much. I sent an offer of $200, he countered with 3, and I took it. Here is the thing for me...My TMNT collection (which is...unreasonably extensive) is all about historical documentation and preservation. Now, bootleg or not, these books undoubtedly hold a significant place in the history of Mirage. So I felt they were worth every penny. Especially since these books are just about as rare as the original prints as far as the number of them that are still out there go.

I agree that $500 was too much. I sent an offer of $200, he countered with 3, and I took it. Here is the thing for me...My TMNT collection (which is...unreasonably extensive) is all about historical documentation and preservation. Now, bootleg or not, these books undoubtedly hold a significant place in the history of Mirage. So I felt they were worth every penny. Especially since these books are just about as rare as the original prints as far as the number of them that are still out there go.

Sure sure. Ill tell you for $200 i would have jumped on them :) Looks like they are in pretty nice shape too.

I was looking at your photos. Looks like you have a real set of these?!?! Are those yours? If so where did you manage to pick those up and how did you mange to get Kevin Eastman to sign them lol?

Edited by cyberjad

I was looking at your photos. Looks like you have a real set of these?!?! Are those yours? If so where did you manage to pick those up and how did you mange to get Kevin Eastman to sign eh lol?

Here is the story AT had posted ... http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3215551&fpart=1

I was looking at your photos. Looks like you have a real set of these?!?! Are those yours? If so where did you manage to pick those up and how did you mange to get Kevin Eastman to sign eh lol?

Yeah, those are mine, and are real. They were a gift from Kevin. Use that link that rabid provided above for the full story :-)

Edited by Archon_Turtle