• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Stoked out of my mind for this piece. Not in hand yet, but I couldn't wait to share it. Some of you may have seen it on ebay a couple days ago. Normally I don't go for Buy-It-Now auctions for high price items, but it was just too good to pass up, so I pounced:

85Raph.jpg

What we have here is a 1985 painted sketch of Raphael by Kevin Eastman. This will be the first painted Kevin piece in my collection. It being a year two sketch makes it even better! Painted pieces by Kevin are quite rare, so to have one that is so early on the timeline is just incredible. I'm on cloud nine.

As I said, he is on his way to me, so more on this when he arrives :-)

How exciting! Congrats!!

85Raph.jpg

How cool is that?! Congrats, Stephen!

And Glenn, I wish you luck on getting that book in 9.8. Cyberjad was able to get one, but other than that there aren't that many out there. I know I don't have one.

Finally, for those who don't venture into the for sale threads often, I've got a few TMNT books up for sale here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5744963#Post5744963

Like I mentioned when you posted the Sakai book the first time, it makes me very jealous. Great book!

Somehow I missed it, but Kevin Eastman was doing a signing at Meltdown Comics in L.A. yesterday afternoon. Anyone make it there and was he sketching?

I was there. Yes he was.

Dagnabbit. Don't think I would've made it there anyway with the traffic to L.A.

Anyone know his future appearances this year will be at?

Somehow I missed it, but Kevin Eastman was doing a signing at Meltdown Comics in L.A. yesterday afternoon. Anyone make it there and was he sketching?

I was there. Yes he was.

Paris and San Diego in July are all he has finalized at the moment.

I was there. Yes he was.

Paris and San Diego in July are all he has finalized at the moment.

Cool, thanks. I bet he'll be mobbed at SDCC so I doubt I'll be able to get sigs/sketch from him there. Hope he is still going to Long Beach Comic Con this year like he did last year *crosses fingers*

hi all, it's been a long month waiting for this to finally happen, but I'm extremely happy this morning because I've closed on something pretty cool, and I'm now a member of the TMNT club...

I've was able to close on this group of comics, all from single owner collection, acquired by the current owner as a group at Sothebys Sept 1992 Comic auction.

TMNT #1,2,3 (regular & nycc) & 4 (all 1st print)

Gobbledygock #1 & #2

Turtlemania, both Silver & Gold

plust Fugitoid #1 & Raphael #1

Here are a few photos of the best books, can't wait to have these in hand! I don't usually go after Copper books, so not sure the future for these, but at the price I couldn't pass 'em up, Thanks to Archon_Turtle and Peter Palmer for helping me with some info/assistance reviewing these books!

TMNT 1 (really really hoping this grades as high as it looks)

tmnt_1_cover.jpg

tmnt_1_firstpages.jpg

tmnt_1_backcoverad.jpg

Turtlemania 1 Gold (#1 of 10!)

TM_1gold_cover.jpg

TM_1gold_back.jpg

Turtlemania 1 Silver (#37 of 100)

TM_1silver_front.jpg

TM_1Silver_back.jpg

Gobbledygock 1 & 2

gg_1_cover.jpg

gg_2_cover.jpg

TMNT #3 NYCC edition (and regular edition)

tmnt_3_covers.jpg