• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Me too!! I was like... "how come I never get that *&$!#* lucky/ blessed!!". Time to search for the thread!!

I remember that too! Living in Atlanta I remember being insanely jealous about it, lol

I found these pictures on my computer recently. I figured someone might find them interesting in light of recent discussions.

I don't own either of these anymore, but there was a Silver Turtlemania Proof and a Sample that are out there. Both seem to be made of the same stock, though with obviously different writing added after the fact.

Proof:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Proof.jpg

Sample:

Turtlemania%20Silver%20Sample.jpg

For some reason I can remember someone posting here on the boards that they found either the same or something similar in a box at an antique dealer in the Atlanta area.

Any chance you can find that? I don't remember it.

I just picked one of the TMNT 30th Anniversary IDW Limited Edition 'virgin' covers for 3 bucks today. After I researched it I realized that it originally came with a sketch card, and unfortunately my copy doesn't have it. Is this something that will effect the value of the book in a terrible way?

Any and all info that you guys could provide would be amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Yes I realize this is the Copper Age forum, but I thought being the official TMNT thread you guys would still have the knowledge. If I need to put this in modern let me know.

Edited by Mef

To my knowledge, this virgin cover was only offered as part of the IDW Limited Sketch Card Pack which came inside a shiny green bubble envelope along with the sketch card. I don't recall seeing it available any other way. But IDW is pretty notorious for "exclusives" not being exclusive as advertised.

Not having the original envelope and the sketch card will impact value a bit for someone really wanting it as it came originally. But I think these virgin covers of the 30th Anniversary Special are pretty rare so, from a pure cover collecting perspective, not having the card (or envelope) isn't a huge deal. Especially if you're just out to get all the variant covers of the issue. Card or not, the cover is the most important thing.

It's not that it matters to me to have all the original bits, I bought it because I liked it! I found it in a secondhand dollar bin essentially so that's how I came across it without all the pieces. I'm happy to have the comic and the cover is amazing! Thanks for getting back to me!

Here's a newer one for my collection. TMNT #4 Double Cover signed by Peter Laird:

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%2004%20-%201st%20Print%20Double%20Cover%20SS.jpg

It goes well with my #3 Double Cover signed by Kevin Eastman:

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%2003%20-%201st%20Print%20Double%20Cover%20SS.jpg

Here's a newer one for my collection. TMNT #4 Double Cover signed by Peter Laird:

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%2004%20-%201st%20Print%20Double%20Cover%20SS.jpg

It goes well with my #3 Double Cover signed by Kevin Eastman:

Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%2003%20-%201st%20Print%20Double%20Cover%20SS.jpg

WHAT????? C'mon!!!! That's is Super--Cool!!!!!!! I'm happy it's in good hands. I've never seen a double 4 either! Have you seen others Adam?

I think I've seen one other in the past...around 8.0 condition or so. Now I've got to see if I can find a #1, #2, and Raph Double cover. hm

Thanks for the comments!

Just FYI - I saw a double-cover for Raphael before that I could almost guarantee that the seller had "created." The inside staples were bent upwards slightly and the trim around the edges of the top cover didn't match the trim on the inside cover. Additionally, the inside cover had minor scratches / wear on it...which is odd given that it should have been protected by the outer cover. Anyway, be wary on your search for doubles... there are shysters out there!

Oh, and BTW, beautiful book !! 9.8 is hard to come by even without double cover. Never seen one for this issue but it sure is cool.

Edited by rwhorn

just wanted to share these... There from the Jimbo Salgado sketch ops that will soon be turn into CGC.

There perfect !!!.... These are sketched on Kevin Eastman Studio Edition ( Back cover is Blank)

13823684_1028954647225121_64279389_n1_zpszktgkjrk.jpg

13820914_1029120733875179_152807430_n1_zps9pelch5d.jpg

13731811_10208543658940438_3459408751544103999_o1_zpsyjstlubc.jpg

13820649_1029058230548096_1974463490_n1_zpsehpyz6ij.jpg

I finally moved some things around so I could display my fav non-comic/art TMNT pieces

IMG_20160724_114412263_zpsxzbi0clb.jpg

I think I am going to be purging my collection soon....selling a lot of my small/medium pieces to hopefully fund a huge grail....everything above stays though (tsk)

Edited by nriccijr