• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

Sort of an odd question but I just got a copy of IDW Color Classics Vol 3, issue 3 which is a reprint of Mirage #50. On the back and inside cover it indicates that cover art of by AC Farley.....is it just me or isn't that a PL/KE cover??? I even found one on google images graded that labels Farley as the cover artist. My question is......say I get one signed by KE for SS......is there any way I can have that corrected on a label??...even though it indicates on the book in multiple places the wrong cover artist?

IMG_20160828_020645345_zps0pdj2c8v.jpg

IMG_20160828_020637157_zpshl0f4nta.jpg

IMG_20160828_020624216_zpst5m5j2bu.jpg

Edited by nriccijr

Farley did covers for 51-62. That cover is penciled by Laird, Farley had nothing to do with it.

IDW got this one wrong. Send in a note with your submission. They may do nothing since they usually go off the indicia or any credits printed on the book. They may put something like "indicia indicates cover by A.C. Farley" or something like that.

I don't think I'll have time to get a copy on ebay before Baltimore. I'd need it for my TMNT #1 homage collection. I'll look for one at the show. If I find one, I'll be sure to point it out to the folks at the booth. If I can find Shawn or Paul, I'll point it out to them, too..

The cover has been used a bunch of times, especially on newer books. All I'm sure about is that Laird penciled the art. I'm not sure who did the inks/tones/colors on which versions. If you'll notice, the Mirage books that specifically note the cover artist all credit Laird with the work. I think IDW is just a bit cloudy on the details for this one.

th_Teenage%20Mutant%20Ninja%20Turtles%201%20-%20PBBZ%20Variant%20SS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01ColorErrorSS.jpgth_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01ColorSSEastmanGold.jpgth_TeenageMutantNInjaTurtles50SS.jpgth_TMNT%2001%20Jetpack%20Error%20Variant%20SS.jpgth_TMNT01JetpackVariantSS-1.jpgth_TMNT%2033%20Jetpack%20Laird%20Cover%20SS.jpgth_TMNT%2050%20Hot%20Comics%20Variant%20SS.jpg

Got a new TMNT sketch cover at Baltimore Comic Con this past weekend.

The sketch cover was done by an artist named Hector Rodriguez. (It's the back cover to the variant TMNT #22 with the Hulk #340 homage.)

Kevin Eastman was the guest of honor at the show, and signed & remarked the top. (thumbs u

image%201_zpsjhtmidmv.jpeg

Ummmm....HOW DID YOU GET THEM TO SLAB IT BACKWARDS?!?!?!!? :pullhair::makepoint::golfclap:

I was surprised too! When I saw it, I just thought :takeit:

Whoever did the actual stabbing may have genuinely thought it was the actual cover. With the amount of detail and color it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.

Looks like we got another heated battle....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/131932189889

Now I had my eye on this and figured I'd dip in at the end... But I guess not any more .

Looking at the spine, I'm no grader but it doesn't look like a 9.8 in its condition.

Still, one of the pieces in a rarer condition I guess. Nice addition to a collection but a bit rich for my liking.

Looks like we got another heated battle....

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/131932189889

Now I had my eye on this and figured I'd dip in at the end... But I guess not any more .

Looking at the spine, I'm no grader but it doesn't look like a 9.8 in its condition.

Still, one of the pieces in a rarer condition I guess. Nice addition to a collection but a bit rich for my liking.

Specially when you can acquire a NM one for about 30.00.

For posterity (since no one has mentioned it yet), it's a TMNT #7 2nd print CGC 9.8 OW-W.

It can be tough to tell how severe creases are from a scan as some scans can hide them while others make them appear much worse than they are. This is much more a function of the scanner that's used and certainly not anything the seller is intentionally doing.

But you're not wrong...from the scans, it appears to be a soft 9.8. With 3 universal and 1 SS in the same grade on the census, I am surprised it has cleared $300 with nearly 8 days to go. If you'd have asked me, I'd have said $300 would have been on the high end of realistic at the end of the auction for this one.

Congrats to the seller on this one. Looks like he's got a winner on his hands. :golfclap:

What erks me more sometimes is the fact that I passed on the OA to this cover. I guess at the time I was in the early stages of getting my silver keys, but man oh man, it was the full colored cover. I don't remember many early Mirage from when I was young, but this one surely stands out. Of course #4 too!

Any word on the Laird signing?