• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

It's possible that a witness would attend. The biggest problem, however, is the limit. In the past few years, Peter has limited signatures to 2-3 per person. This makes taking submissions VERY difficult and often costly.

What I did for FCBD was to offer witnessing services to people who would physically be at the signing. If I am able to do the witness/facilitator thing again for this one, it's likely how I'll run things again. Too much potential for hurt feelings otherwise.

Of course, I'm not the only game in town, so it's possible someone will take traditional submissions.

I should know within the week. We are still a month out, so there is still plenty of time to get our ducks in a row. (thumbs u

I finally got my #11's "faulty-old-new" (or faulty-new-old?) reholderd :headbang:

This book was by far the hardest (took me the longest by far) to acquire in my run.

Due to the tough black cover magnifying every flaw.

There were 2 9.8 Universals & 1 SS 9.8. (Eternity in the Registry they have been!)

I have Rich Henn yet again to thank for the last piece of my puzzle (worship)

#11 completed my goal of owning all 9.8 first prints of #1-12 (& all one shots in between:)

sig.jpg

900C5C14-8E5D-455A-90B2-77EF914F27FB_zpsmnwnjfyb.jpg

This morning opened a box that had apparently been packed away many, many years ago. In it were old paperback and a bunch of stuff that should have found its way into the trash back in the 80s. However, there was a small brown box and inside it were some old friends. I haven't seen these guys since at least 1987.

:banana:

TMNT_Mini.jpg

This morning opened a box that had apparently been packed away many, many years ago. In it were old paperback and a bunch of stuff that should have found its way into the trash back in the 80s. However, there was a small brown box and inside it were some old friends. I haven't seen these guys since at least 1987.

:banana:

TMNT_Mini.jpg

Those are super cool!

Love Splinter :headbang:

Rare TMNT volume 4 #29 on the bay. I bit pricey though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391564155630

Is the final issue of this run the most collectible? I see that the last handful are priced higher I would assume from low distribution.

Issues 29-32 were all limited to 1000 copies and sold directly from the Mirage web site. With 29 being the first one sold directly, it's a lot harder to find than 30-32.

Even rarer - the first 100 copies of issue #29 included a hand-drawn sketch by Laird. How often do those pop up?

Rare TMNT volume 4 #29 on the bay. I bit pricey though

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391564155630

Is the final issue of this run the most collectible? I see that the last handful are priced higher I would assume from low distribution.

Issues 29-32 were all limited to 1000 copies and sold directly from the Mirage web site. With 29 being the first one sold directly, it's a lot harder to find than 30-32.

Even rarer - the first 100 copies of issue #29 included a hand-drawn sketch by Laird. How often do those pop up?

What I have documented is that there were 250 copies with a sketch by Laird. However, I'm kinda fuzzy on how he distributed the Laird-sketched copies. I want to say it was either randomly to all buyers or possibly just to the first 250 copies bought. But I lean more to it being random because I bought at least 10 copies when these went on sale (pretty much on day one) and I didn't get a single sketched copy. :(

Re: how often the sketched copies come up for sale, I can't say I've even seen one of those copies for sale.

I'd like people's opinion on the Laird sketches that this guy is selling. Legit or not? He's got 8 or so listed.

I'd definitely avoid. I suppose a few look possibly legit but some of the signatures on the TMNT-Ghostbusters copies are horrid...I've never seen Peter sign that sloppy. And it seems fishy that they got Peter's signatures on very recent books like Batman-TMNT which, with Peter not going to shows, raises a big question about "how" these signatures were acquired. They'd pretty much have to camp out at Shellback and wait for Peter to show up unless they know him personally.

Did you send the seller an email asking where Peter signed all these? Would be interesting to see what is said.