• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

Thanks for nice words Rich. I didn't take pics unfortunately it didn't cross my mind at the time silly me. There is another book as rare as this called the ten pennie funnies it's a little mini comic it's truly a rare item as well. I was happy to land a copy last year also.

Definitely great early items for Peter's artwork. Great investments as well. Congrats again.

Some of the iron-ons are back for those interested:

coopjacko items

Yep, saw those. Not the ones I need though. Would like to know who snagged the Fugitoid, Mikey, and Don. Couldn't believe he didn't let the public bid on those and just pulled them.

That was the first time I ever saw any of those 3 for sale. I wish he had multiples.

coopjacko items

Yep, saw those. Not the ones I need though. Would like to know who snagged the Fugitoid, Mikey, and Don. Couldn't believe he didn't let the public bid on those and just pulled them.

I like Steve & Dee, but this does seem to be their MO for ebay sales. I've seen quite a few items I'd have liked to bid on get pulled early. :cry:

coopjacko items

I like Steve & Dee, but this does seem to be their MO for ebay sales. I've seen quite a few items I'd have liked to bid on get pulled early. :cry:

It seems counter-productive to me to advertise them on FB and then pull or sell them before seeing if anyone even bids on it for what he's asking. That is, unless someone offered him more than what he was originally asking...which is possible (even likely). But still, those 3 were mega-rare...I think at least a few would have bid those up at least higher than original asking. They were pricey but the longer I thought about them the more I wanted them. :insane:

Additionally, only putting them up for a 1 day listing seems weird too. A 7 day auction would give much better visibility and more time for word to spread about them in the collecting community.

coopjacko items

It seems counter-productive to me to advertise them on FB and then pull or sell them before seeing if anyone even bids on it for what he's asking. That is, unless someone offered him more than what he was originally asking...which is possible (even likely). But still, those 3 were mega-rare...I think at least a few would have bid those up at least higher than original asking. They were pricey but the longer I thought about them the more I wanted them. :insane:

Additionally, only putting them up for a 1 day listing seems weird too. A 7 day auction would give much better visibility and more time for word to spread about them in the collecting community.

Agreed on all parts.

I think the thought is they save money by not having to pay any ebay fees. However, on unique items like this a seller stands to realize a much better price if they

A) Let the auction run its course and

B) Let that course be longer than 1 day...5-10 being much better

Under the current system, the item tends to go to the fastest bidder, not necessarily the highest one.

I think the Lavignes tend to usually be in the mood for a quick sale. I also think the buyer's pool for these, those of us willing to spend the $, is pretty small. However, these are items that have never been to market and may never be again. It would be interesting to see what they would get in the open market. I know had circumstances been different, I'd have placed a higher than asking price bid on at least one of them.

He listed a few more last night. He probably has a decent stash, but is aware of the market and realizes he should sell them very slowly--just when he wants some quick cash. (Like right before X-mas maybe?) I have a decent stack of a pretty rare baseball card of a player who has some hardcore collectors and I do the same thing, I only sell maybe 1 a year, otherwise the "value" would plummet.

If there is something I see listed on eBay that I have been searching forever for, the first thing I do is message the seller immediately and ask what their best price is, and that I'd be willing to go directly through PayPal if needed. Saves me money, saves the seller on fees! I'd say ~80% of the time I'm successful at working out some sort of deal to buy it immediately (whether on eBay or PayPal).

If it's something you want bad, message the seller immediately!

He listed a few more last night. He probably has a decent stash, but is aware of the market and realizes he should sell them very slowly--just when he wants some quick cash. (Like right before X-mas maybe?) I have a decent stack of a pretty rare baseball card of a player who has some hardcore collectors and I do the same thing, I only sell maybe 1 a year, otherwise the "value" would plummet.

If there is something I see listed on eBay that I have been searching forever for, the first thing I do is message the seller immediately and ask what their best price is, and that I'd be willing to go directly through PayPal if needed. Saves me money, saves the seller on fees! I'd say ~80% of the time I'm successful at working out some sort of deal to buy it immediately (whether on eBay or PayPal).

If it's something you want bad, message the seller immediately!

I think he only has/had the 7 iron-ons he originally listed and these 4 currently listed are the same that didn't sell the other day.

What you describe above isn't a cool practice at all and, so you know, it's in complete violation of the eBay user agreements for both buyers and sellers. You're free to do what you want but I don't agree at all with this approach of contacting sellers privately and asking them to sell outside of eBay. In my opinion it's shady and not right. That's the point I've been trying to make with Steve listing and then taking down the 3 items most of us really wanted. I have no proof what he did with them but it's pretty likely he was contacted and sold off eBay....in violation of the eBay agreements.

[

What you describe above isn't a cool practice at all and, so you know, it's in complete violation of the eBay user agreements for both buyers and sellers. You're free to do what you want but I don't agree at all with this approach of contacting sellers privately and asking them to sell outside of eBay. In my opinion it's shady and not right..

The majority of the time it ends up still going through eBay, the seller may just add a BIN option for me, or lower a BIN option. So that's not a big deal. I've also never done this for an item that already had bids on it (not sure if Steve's did or not, but that is definitely crappy if so. He'd still have to pay eBay fees on whatever the highest bid was at).

eBay profits millions and millions of dollars on pure fraud from allowing sellers to sell autograph forgeries (which I have spent years fighting), fake items/memorabilia,etc as they play "dumb" to it all. So I don't feel "shady" at all taking money out of their pocket personally. To each their own!

[

What you describe above isn't a cool practice at all and, so you know, it's in complete violation of the eBay user agreements for both buyers and sellers. You're free to do what you want but I don't agree at all with this approach of contacting sellers privately and asking them to sell outside of eBay. In my opinion it's shady and not right..

The majority of the time it ends up still going through eBay, the seller may just add a BIN option for me, or lower a BIN option. So that's not a big deal. I've also never done this for an item that already had bids on it (not sure if Steve's did or not, but that is definitely crappy if so. He'd still have to pay eBay fees on whatever the highest bid was at).

eBay profits millions and millions of dollars on pure fraud from allowing sellers to sell autograph forgeries (which I have spent years fighting), fake items/memorabilia,etc as they play "dumb" to it all. So I don't feel "shady" at all taking money out of their pocket personally. To each their own!

Justify it however you like. It doesn't make it right.

Rich is a smart guy. You should listen to him.

Rich is a smart guy. You should listen to him.

We digress, regardless of eBay morals, my point was that if something is listed that you have been looking for forever, it does not hurt to ask the seller if they have a BIN price in mind (if there are no bids). They can even send you a private BIN offer through eBay if they wish.

Sorry for bringing it up.

doh!