• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, woregul said:

:gossip: Look at kaylab's 4/2/17 post. We are all waiting to see how these grade and when they go on sale :)

Ah ok. thanks.   Love the set, they look great altogether.  Turtles books from the original 4 issues and alternates have an eye appeal nothing compares to.  We'll see how they grade!

Wondering if you folks feel that this sale is legit?  Few warning signs I see include poor pictures, low feedback and the most obvious one of all ...  Who knows you might get a hell, of a deal.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtle-1-PGX-9-6-TMNT-/263094650833?hash=item3d41a9c7d1:g:-NEAAOSwjONZbiAt 

Edited by ThothAmon

On 7/24/2017 at 5:50 PM, Icculus308win said:

Danny your TMNT OA - is simply stellar :applause:

Thanks E!! 

So this morning I gave my wife, basically as a big thank you for putting up with my nutty TMNT fandom all these years, her first piece of OA. Used in 1989 in a kid's Valentines card pack. She loved it! 

Screenshot_20170729-100644.jpg

20170729_110723.jpg

13 minutes ago, TMNT said:

Thanks E!! 

So this morning I gave my wife, basically as a big thank you for putting up with my nutty TMNT fandom all these years, her first piece of OA. Used in 1989 in a kid's Valentines card pack. She loved it! 

20170729_110723.jpg

I remember those lol gave quite a few to class mates in elementary :) Suhweet 

Hello all,

I'm new here and just getting started on growing my TMNT collection.  I've been checking out ebay for a TMNT 3 - Laird's Photo variant.  There are a few graded copies for sale but when I check out the photos, I see some variation in the ink between multiple copies.  When you look at the Laird's Photo sign, sometimes the letters are crisp and white while other times there is some blue ink that seems to be bleeding into the letters.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is normal variation within the book?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.  I do apologize if this has been discussed before.  I did a search but couldn't find anything like this.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, jaybuck43 said:

He sometimes returns letters with those head sketches and the post cards, and would be dated 2017.

This is the correct answer, PL responds to fan mail and unfortunately some eBay sellers take advantage of this and try to profit from it. The sad part is they're often so cheap that they just send him index cards to sign. 

15 hours ago, clayh1976 said:

Hello all,

I'm new here and just getting started on growing my TMNT collection.  I've been checking out ebay for a TMNT 3 - Laird's Photo variant.  There are a few graded copies for sale but when I check out the photos, I see some variation in the ink between multiple copies.  When you look at the Laird's Photo sign, sometimes the letters are crisp and white while other times there is some blue ink that seems to be bleeding into the letters.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not this is normal variation within the book?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.  I do apologize if this has been discussed before.  I did a search but couldn't find anything like this.

The Laird's Photo Variant only has one shade of blue on the cover (blue), rather than two (blue and light blue).  As long as there isn't any light blue on the cover, I'd say all the Laird's Photo Variants are legit/equal... with condition being the differentiator.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:15 AM, TMNT said:

Thanks E!! 

Screenshot_20170729-100644.jpg

20170729_110723.jpg

I think she would have preferred a diamond, ruby or emerald myself . . . . :whistle:

Does anyone know if there were newsstands for the TMNT Image comics?

IMG_8328.jpg

Hey guys I haven't had any luck in the "buying" section, just wanted to see if anyone had any dups of these to help me out. Just looking for raw reader copies so I can complete my sets and read them, as cheap as possible really. Any help is appreciated:

Volume 3 (Image): 16, 17, 21, 23

Volume 4 (Mirage): 28, 29*(29 is likely way out of my price range unfortunately lol)

TMNT Adventures (Archie):  71, 72.

Edited by ryan1125