• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

I put in the request for the WTC, I also asked for three stars around the moon which represents the Filipino flag.

Yeah, I stumbled upon his work from the signature room. He is from a crew of artists in the Phillippines trying to break in the industry. They all seem to be having success by having a few Marvel covers published and one guy is working on a book with Marvel.

Ryan - Are you referring to the blank and white edition or the normal color?

You can still get the color version for about $30 on Amazon and as for the variant cover you can still get that for $49.99.

That's sick!

Hey, does anyone know the print run on the TMNT Ultimate Collection 1? Prices have gone a little bananas the last few weeks.

I thought that thing was selling for crazy prices online. It's still available at IDW for $50 though. Same with the variant cover

https://shop.idwpublishing.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-the-ultimate-collection-volume-1.html

I think it's pretty common knowledge that I collect strictly early Turtles art at this point in my collecting career. However, every once in a while a special piece comes along that's a little later than I normally purchase that I simply have to get.

So without further ado, here's a quick pic of the opening double page spread to the Return to NY story arc...

Actual scan to come soon!

How has everyone passed over this? That's an amazing piece to add to your collection! Congratulations!

Thanks Adam! I'm still pretty stoked by it. :banana: I normally don't post anything until I have a proper scan, but this things so big and I simply couldn't wait to put it up. It's going to take me a little bit to get the time to scan it but once I do, I'll post it here.

Wow. Is that sufficient? Cause, really, I mean wow. Probably every couple of months I just go and dig through your CAF and stare. lol

And Peasofcrap, that's a great set of commission pieces--really gorgeous stuff there.

On a fun and happy note, I've managed to squeeze TMNT vol. 1 into my dissertation! :whee: The turtles will, admittedly, only be brought up in the final chapter and get just a few pages worth of discussion, but still--my inner 10-year old is beyond stoked! lol

Life's been crazy, so my board presence has been somewhat reduced. Still, I hope you guys are well--I've missed this thread.

Mac Man, What is the topic of your dissertation that it would include references to TMNT? Are we going to be able to see a copy? :)

I'm doing my dissertation (broadly speaking here) on the development of the American comic book superhero. They'll be getting a brief shout out somewhere in the final chapters where I move from the original superheroes of the Golden Age (DC) and Silver Age (Marvel) into contemporary comics. Now granted, I realize 25 years at this point is less contemporary, but... I have a year or so to hammer this stuff out ;)

Forrest! :hi:

Nice book, Pubmonkey! I don't have one like it yet, but I just checked my CGC account today and found out that I will soon. I'll post it when it comes in. :)

Thanks PeterPalmer! I had been looking at it for a while but didn't like the seller's terms until I ended up negotiating a little with him. I had no doubt your collection would be graced with one of these, it was just a matter of time! Because of the SS #2 I've been able to squeeze into the lead with the TMNT First 4 set on the registry by 54 points... :whistle:

Did you get a sketch done? was it by Laird and Eastman or just one of them?

Sounds very interesting Mac Man...I hope we get to see it one day. Good luck!!

Well, the senior acquisitions reps from McFarland and University of Mississippi Press were both very interested in the rundown I gave them. Once the dissertation proposal is complete, they asked me to send them copies to begin the process of determining the likelihood of publication. All goes well, I should be able to have it available in 2-3 years! lol

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but the Hero Comics 2012 edition (which benefits the Hero Initiative) will include a TMNT story. I believe it comes out next week?