• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,286 posts in this topic

As promised, here's mine just in today:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpg

It took a few years, but I finally got my #2 9.8 SS. I like the blue marker he used!

As promised, here's mine just in today:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles02-1stPrintSS.jpg

It took a few years, but I finally got my #2 9.8 SS. I like the blue marker he used!

:golfclap:

Your collection never ceases to amaze...

Does anyone have any information on how to tell a counterfeit of later issues? I recently picked up a nice number 2, but some comments from the shop owner made me wonder about it.

I found the neat thread about the differences in printings of issue one, but couldnt find anything on counterfeits, especially of #2 and later.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any information on how to tell a counterfeit of later issues? I recently picked up a nice number 2, but some comments from the shop owner made me wonder about it.

I found the neat thread about the differences in printings of issue one, but couldnt find anything on counterfeits, especially of #2 and later.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I've ever seen a counterfeit of any other issue besides #1 & #2. The number 2 counterfeit I saw had a different hatch pattern when viewed up close. It's not easy to make out in a picture. I'd need to see them side by side again to give more info, but the hatch pattern was a tell in the counterfeit #2 I saw.

Thanks for all the comments! (worship)

Here are the other 2 I got from the submission. I big thanks goes out to fingerprint_ink for taking good care of these:

Here's my 3rd print, currently the only 9.8 SS on census:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-3rdPrintSS.jpg

and the back cover:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-3rdPrintSSBC.jpg

Any my 2nd print, currently the highest SS on census:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-2ndPrint96SS.jpg

I just LOVE the sketch he did on this one:

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01-2ndPrint96SSBC.jpg

Sheesh man... so when will you be showing us that #1 1st print SS in 9.8? :insane:

I estimate that I'm at least a few years off, but it WILL happen. :wishluck:

:applause: awesome books! I very much prefer to see the sigs and sketches on the back of the book with the #1's... really really nice!

That's been the nice thing about submitting my own books. By creating window bags, I can "aim" the signature. I try to obscure as little art as possible by aiming for either some empty space on the cover or if there is none, the logo. The #1 has that nice big area in the back that shows silver sharpie very well. :grin:

Stoked out of my mind for this piece. Not in hand yet, but I couldn't wait to share it. Some of you may have seen it on ebay a couple days ago. Normally I don't go for Buy-It-Now auctions for high price items, but it was just too good to pass up, so I pounced:

85Raph.jpg

What we have here is a 1985 painted sketch of Raphael by Kevin Eastman. This will be the first painted Kevin piece in my collection. It being a year two sketch makes it even better! Painted pieces by Kevin are quite rare, so to have one that is so early on the timeline is just incredible. I'm on cloud nine.

As I said, he is on his way to me, so more on this when he arrives :-)

So many wins in this thread. I love it. Sadly, my only recent TMNT addition was the hardcover Ultimate Collection v. 1--which I love! Got it on Amazon for 50% off, so that's on the reading pile!