• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

He did 31, 35, 36

Your new page is awesome, but that cover to 11 is Dreamy!! I just was looking at that book yesterday saying "How great it would be to own this cover or an early cover." Wow man. Big congrats!!! I know you're probably still wide-eyed when you look at it.

You are absolutely right! I picked that up about 8 years ago, and since that time ive bought and sold a lot of Turtles art, shaping the collection to what you see now. But that piece is one of only a few that never crosses my mind to part with and I still stop in front of it pretty regular to look at its details....still trying to decipher some of the diary notes blowing in the wind!

He did 31, 35, 36

Your new page is awesome, but that cover to 11 is Dreamy!! I just was looking at that book yesterday saying "How great it would be to own this cover or an early cover." Wow man. Big congrats!!! I know you're probably still wide-eyed when you look at it.

You are absolutely right! I picked that up about 8 years ago, and since that time ive bought and sold a lot of Turtles art, shaping the collection to what you see now. But that piece is one of only a few that never crosses my mind to part with and I still stop in front of it pretty regular to look at its details....still trying to decipher some of the diary notes blowing in the wind!

I always say you could tell you're looking at a good artist's work when you could look at it 1,000 times and see something different, or of course just make you smile. I have to say. One of the nicest Turtles collections I've seen bro!!!!!!

I came across the cover art, in full color to #7 with Krang and passed on it a few years ago. I will find it again one day!!! I need a cover!!

I came across the cover art, in full color to #7 with Krang and passed on it a few years ago. I will find it again one day!!! I need a cover!!

That wasn't Krang! (tsk)

That wasn't Krang! (tsk)

Haha, I was just going to post the same thing. Common mistake though...all due to the 80's/90's animated cartoon (and the Archie TMNT Adventures series).

That wasn't Krang! (tsk)

Haha, I was just going to post the same thing. Common mistake though...all due to the 80's/90's animated cartoon (and the Archie TMNT Adventures series).

They will always be Krang to me lol

Yes, mostly because I discovered the Mirage stuff later on. I do love that cover though- So vibrant!!

lol

And yea, I nearly bought it many years ago but I had to back out due to other outside circumstances. I think it worked out though as it's a little too much utrom for my tastes...

Peter Laird will be signing at Shellback Artworks this upcoming Free Comic Book Day.

Trying to get my wife to agree to go on a road trip from Toronto that weekend to Maine, so I can stop in. So far its looking ok, Hope she doesn't ask "what's in Wells, Maine" because I'll be busted. lol

Peter Laird will be signing at Shellback Artworks this upcoming Free Comic Book Day.

Trying to get my wife to agree to go on a road trip from Toronto that weekend to Maine, so I can stop in. So far its looking ok, Hope she doesn't ask "what's in Wells, Maine" because I'll be busted. lol

There are beaches and, umm, a donut shop.

Actually, Wells, ME is a very cool town. Right on the coast (in fact, you can see the ocean right from the steps of Shellback Artworks). I went there a couple years back and had my wife with me and we really enjoyed the town. Took a really nice walk along the beach and made it a nice getaway. Great seafood, too (but, I'm from CO so...anything from either coast is better than we get here). And, FCBD is always pre-vacation season so it's pretty much dead as far as tourists are concerned.

Some recommendations from my past trips:

- Ogunquit Beach (just south of Wells) is a really nice 3-mile long beach. They have a parking lot and you can take a nice walk north up the beach. Very beautiful.

- From Ogunquit Beach, take a drive back up Ocean Ave then to Atlantic Ave. towards Wells Harbor. Really neat drive through the cottage/rental country with some good scenery.

- Fisherman's Catch (on Harbor Rd - just to the north of Shellback) is a good place to eat.

- Billy's Chowder House (on Mile Rd - just to the south of Shellback) is another great place to eat. Had lobster and clams there...pretty much fantastic. From here, you can drive just east on Mile Rd to connect with Atlantic Ave (to go north) or Webhannet Dr (to go south).

Get to Shellback early though...I got there 2 hours prior to the start of the signing 2 years ago and there was already a significant line. Took a few hours to get inside. Wish I could get out there again this year because I find it to be a beautiful place. Hope you and your wife enjoy the trip.

Outside of NYC, never been up in the northeast. I was thinking about making a long weekend of it, maybe fly into Boston, see some sites and drive up to Wells. Might be kind of cool. Thanks for tip on getting their early... What does it usually start?

Outside of NYC, never been up in the northeast. I was thinking about making a long weekend of it, maybe fly into Boston, see some sites and drive up to Wells. Might be kind of cool. Thanks for tip on getting their early... What does it usually start?

I flew into Machester, NH one year and then Boston the next. Both drives to ME were very easy and nice.

I think the Shellback starts at 10 AM but I can't find the post anymore. But definitely try to get there early or you'll be waiting a while.

I'll be in line as well . So far I've never missed a Shellback signing. You never know which will be Pete's last signing......I have a feeling it's coming sooner than later. Limits are very strick...first ones were 10 with hardly anyone there..... Last time it was 2 items with a very long line.

PL usually signs from 12-3 and bolts right at 3

Edited by nriccijr

To be fair, he doesn't "bolt" right at 3. Last year, he stopped signing at 3 but hung around the shop for another 60-90 minutes.

But you're right, he will stop signing at the posted end time.