• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

I don't usually collect modern books (Just celebs & Mirage TMNT)...but I absolutly LOVE this cover. I had some eBay Bucks and the price was great already, especially triple signed by TMNT legends so I pulled the trigger. I am VERY happy about this book!!

TMNT50_zpsbo1zzml2.jpg

Great book! I like the cover as well and I really appreciate the signature placement of all 3.

Did anyone see Kevin Eastman on Storage Wars the other night? It appears to have been a new episode with Darrel and his son finding some comics, among them the first 4 Mirage books. I was all excited to see if a #1 first print was found. I won't spoil it here.

It seems Eastman sold his interest in the ownership of the Turtles to Laird sometime ago, then in 2009 Laird sold rights to Nickelodeon for $60 Million. Apparently Laird can do a limit of 18 Turtles comics per year per the agreement. Hmmm....so my question is what are the limits on Eastman's involvement with the title? He clearly still draws them. And how much did he sell his rights to Laird for?

Laird bought most of the rights in 2000 and the remaining rights (I think he just owned some revenue stream at that point) in 2008. The price is not known. He can do 18 comics a year.

Eastman is employed by IDW when it comes to current TMNT stuff, He has no ownership of the license. Nickelodeon has full ownership, IDW pays Nick for the license to make the comics, and IDW pays Eastman for his involvement.

PL can do what he likes with those issues he has a rights to, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen any time soon....or ever

Not sure what PL purchased KE's rights for. I have some numbers in my head, but I can't remember where I got them from or how accurate they are.

Thanks for the link but PL most likely isn't going to answer money questions. You can see from his answers how guarded he is about the most vague details, I would be too I'm sure.

Eastman is employed by IDW when it comes to current TMNT stuff, He has no ownership of the license. Nickelodeon has full ownership, IDW pays Nick for the license to make the comics, and IDW pays Eastman for his involvement.

PL can do what he likes with those issues he has a rights to, but it is highly unlikely that it will happen any time soon....or ever

Not sure what PL purchased KE's rights for. I have some numbers in my head, but I can't remember where I got them from or how accurate they are.

Ok thanks. That makes sense. It sounds like Eastman needed the cash in the 2000's and PL bought him out, then PL sold for $60M to Nick right around the recession. Not a bad payday. I bet he has lots of cushion to do his pottery now!

It would be great to see him team up with KE for a one-shot or something. Speaking of which, when was the last full Eastman/Laird collaboration on TMNT?

Someone will know factually their last "full" collaboration on a book here.

(Surprised no answer yet)

In the meantime, the 30th anniversary special in May of 14 was an official collaboration between the two after many moons apart. How many moons, I have no clue.

This is what that is. The guy I had bought this from had folded it where the Turtles page was visible in the bag. I folded it back over.

sVCINv.jpg

Not sure about selling, but maybe. PM me if you want to make an offer. I've got pretty much everything Turtles (outside of an original Gobbledygook) I just didn't know this existed until yesterday.

Peter Laird will be signing at Shellback Artworks this upcoming Free Comic Book Day.

I know that he isn't the biggest fan of the original cartoon but I have two cel's from the show that I have signed by Eastman and all the turtles in each cel. Has anyone been to this an seen him sign cel's or do you think he'd outright reject them? I figure I should get some information before I make the 9 hour drive.

Peter Laird will be signing at Shellback Artworks this upcoming Free Comic Book Day.

I know that he isn't the biggest fan of the original cartoon but I have two cel's from the show that I have signed by Eastman and all the turtles in each cel. Has anyone been to this an seen him sign cel's or do you think he'd outright reject them? I figure I should get some information before I make the 9 hour drive.

I haven't seen him signing animation cells before but I doubt he'd refuse to sign them, even if they're not his favorite items. I've seen him signing all sorts of things...t-shirts, toys, etc.

A few years back I brought my copy of the ultra-rare TMNT Adult Comic to have Peter, Kevin, and Steve sign it. Initially, Peter said he wouldn't sign it because he hated the existence of it (and, quite honestly, it IS really nasty). But, shortly after he said no, he offered to sign it since I had come all that way. So, that was cool of him...since he wasn't involved in its creation anyway.

So, if he signed this comic (rated XXX) then I can't see why he wouldn't sign an animation cell....which is rated G (regardless of his thoughts about the cartoon).

Edited by rwhorn

I haven't seen him signing animation cells before but I doubt he'd refuse to sign them, even if they're not his favorite items. I've seen him signing all sorts of things...t-shirts, toys, etc.

A few years back I brought my copy of the ultra-rare TMNT Adult Comic to have Peter, Kevin, and Steve sign it. Initially, Peter said he wouldn't sign it because he hated the existence of it (and, quite honestly, it IS really nasty). But, shortly after he said no, he offered to sign it since I had come all that way. So, that was cool of him...since he wasn't involved in its creation anyway.

So, if he signed this comic (rated XXX) then I can't see why he wouldn't sign an animation cell....which is rated G (regardless of his thoughts about the cartoon).

Thanks, yeah I figured he probably would because I know in recent years he has expressed at least gratitude for what it did for ninja turtles as a whole. I Just don't want to go all that way to be turned down, it'd be heartbreaking. I also posted it as a question on the Shellback page.