• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

#1) FCBD already happened, and the world is ending before next year's.

#2) If it is already signed it will get a green qualified label and it can't be certified as a signature series book. Although I've heard there's a Green/yellow combo label now, so maybe you could get it signed over the original sigs, and then get a yellow/green with a notation.

#3) WTTB!

Yeah, I was annoyed when I realized I missed FCBD by3 days. The peril of being new to the boards.

Does anyone know if there is usually someone doing CGC SS there? I'm trying to figure out if I should get Kevin's signature now and just hope I can get Peter's at some point, or wait til FCBD next year and get both at the same time. It gets expensive to keep submitting books for grading over and over. (as you know)

Thanks again.

Peter signs every year on FCBD at Shellback with Steve Lavigne and often with Eric Talbot. This makes for a great opportunity to get 3 creators at once. However, Eastman does not attend the Shellback signings and Laird doesn't do conventions so the days of getting Eastman/Laird at once are pretty much done.

Regarding getting SS books at Shellback, that was an option this year but only for people who actually attended the show. There were no mail-ins.

Turtlemania set on the bay ending today

https://www.ebay.com/itm/231944879616

Includes silver, silver proof, and white 9.8

I wish the seller would split up the set

Is there only 1 silver proof? I remember seeing a gold proof on pedigree

Yeah, very cool item. I would be up for the proof on its own as well. Maybe he'll split it if it doesn't sell. This is the first Silver proof I've seen. The Gold one would be awesome to have as well.

Picked these up recently. I don't see too many Zulli sigs out there. His Soul's Winter run was pretty bananas.

TMNT%2031%20ZulliEastman_zpsm30p3b7g.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtleBat!

Eastman%20Bats%20Sketch_zpsveeemdnp.jpg

Picked these up recently. I don't see too many Zulli sigs out there. His Soul's Winter run was pretty bananas.

TMNT%2031%20ZulliEastman_zpsm30p3b7g.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja TurtleBat!

Eastman%20Bats%20Sketch_zpsveeemdnp.jpg

Great pieces. I'm a little jealous of TurtleBat! I was trying to convince my wife's months ago that I wanted a TurtleBat for our son- Yeah- I tried the son thing. We "need" a TurtleBat. Shameless I tell you lol Well, she saw right through me- she knows the passion for Eastman and Batman- Dohhhhhh--

It won't be the last time I try the "son thing"- MuHahh Hahh Hahh

So, I was able to acquire that Turtlemania set on the bay recently! Here they are:

Turtlemania Special Silver Edition #77/100 Blue label CGC 5.5 White Pages

There is a 2 in spine split from above the bottom staple down to the bottom of the bottom staple.

I am guessing this would grade a higher under Qualified label

turtlemania-silver-77-of-100-cgc-5.5-wp-2016-05-23-01_zpsxnisqtxn.jpg

turtlemania-silver-77-of-100-cgc-5.5-wp-2016-05-23-02_zpsgbvlrx4a.jpg

Turtlemania Special Silver Proof

turtlemania-silver-proof-2016-05-23-01_zpssenbxhdp.jpg

turtlemania-silver-proof-2016-05-23-02_zpsxmlfc3nn.jpg

Turtlemania Special White Edition CGC 9.8 White Pages

turtlemania-white-cgc-9.8-wp-2016-05-23-01_zpsljl8wp8q.jpg

I am really happy about the proof as I think it is 1 of 1 :)

I already have another Silver edition, so I will be putting this one on sale here on the boards

I will be keeping the White 9.8. I just sold one a week back, so I am grateful to own one again.

How did you acquire this? I bid in this auction and it did not meet reserve....

I had contacted the seller early in the auction and asked him to break up the set as I only really wanted the proof. Since the auction did not meet the reserve, we worked out a deal.