• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

FYI....Ken Mitchroney will be at SDCC this year. I believe only a handful of CGCSS books exist with him. Super rare appearance at a CGC'd event!

Via Twitter...." I will be at Comic-Con this year with co author Steve Boyett signing our new novel Fata Morgana at the Blackstone booth"

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, nriccijr said:

FYI....Ken Mitchroney will be at SDCC this year. I believe only a handful of CGCSS books exist with him. Super rare appearance at a CGC'd event!

Via Twitter...." I will be at Comic-Con this year with co author Steve Boyett signing our new novel Fata Morgana at the Blackstone booth"

Cool!  Thanks for the info.

On June 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM, woregul said:

Nice books, especially the Laird large sketch with SS

+1. You don't see those everyday. I love the Talbot Splinter too. This year he'll do a Rapheal for me, and next year a Splinter hopefully. 

23 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

+1. You don't see those everyday. I love the Talbot Splinter too. This year he'll do a Rapheal for me, and next year a Splinter hopefully. 

I've always thought about doing a Talbot jam book....with mini sketches of all the characters every time I see him

1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

I've always thought about doing a Talbot jam book....with mini sketches of all the characters every time I see him

Leave a blank with him in Boston for a couple hours ago and he can probably bang them out.

Anyone else notice the large amount of PL stuff on eBay that is dated 2017? As far as I know nothing should be dated 2017 from him unless it was something sold on the Mirage eBay auctions. Sellers from around the country with crappy head sketches....but the scary part is that the sigs look decent

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=peter+laird&_sop=10

10 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Anyone else notice the large amount of PL stuff on eBay that is dated 2017? As far as I know nothing should be dated 2017 from him unless it was something sold on the Mirage eBay auctions. Sellers from around the country with crappy head sketches....but the scary part is that the sigs look decent

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=peter+laird&_sop=10

He sometimes returns letters with those head sketches and the post cards, and would be dated 2017.

I wrote Steve Lavigne a while back asking for his opinion on some recently dated, somewhat sloppy sketches that started popping up on ebay...many from one seller.  Instead of offering his opinion, he asked Pete himself if he has done sketches this year (I provided Steve the links to the sketches in question).  The answer I got from Steve is that Pete confirmed that he did do the sketches. 

To be honest, I was quite surprised.  I've seen Pete on several occasions in a signing setting and I've watched him do these sketches.  The lines are always smooth and he moves like he's done it a million times (because he probably has).  The newer ones didn't seem like they were done with the same level of care, but the ones I asked about from 2017 are confirmed authentic. 

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:42 AM, kaylab said:

If anyone has been wanting/waiting for some early Turtle books in (likely) high grades, I am finally letting my small collection go (details about the group can be found earlier in this thread).  I just finished boxing up the comics for the trip to CGC, and then on to ComicLink for a summer sale (date still up in the air).  I snapped this just prior to packing, darn nice looking group of books when they're all together. 

image1.JPG

Summer's here.  Any word on a date for these? :popcorn:  I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. 

On June 21, 2017 at 0:46 PM, Turtle said:

Summer's here.  Any word on a date for these? :popcorn:  I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. 

Bumping this up!!! 

I see Gold!!!!! And Gobbledy!!!