• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Just an updated pic of my graded TMNT books.  I'm pretty happy how this is coming along.

All are white pages

TMNT 1 first print x2 CGC 7.5 and 9.0 SS

TMNT 1 second print 9.2 (bought it raw and had it submitted through a local shop)

TMNT 1 third print 9.8 SS

TMNT 2 first and second print 9.8, first print SS

TMNT 3 NYCC 9.2

TMNT 3 first print 9.8 SS

TMNT 4 first print 9.8

TMNT 4 error 9.6 (bought this raw and had it submitted through a local shop)

TMNT 1 color edition error 9.8 SS

TMNT vol 2 error 9.6 (bought it from Mirage Licensing, my intention was to order a regular edition but this one came instead.  

Submitted it through a local shop)

TMNT Adventures 1 1988 9.8

TMNT Adventures 1 1989 9.8

just submitted my TMNT 1 sixth print at the Baltimore con.  Waiting on the results.  Should be at least a 9.6, great shot at a 9.8.

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, hoffitmus prime said:

Anyone selling a first print Turtles 1? 

What grade are you looking for?

9 hours ago, nriccijr said:

Yep......perfect blank area!

I love the cover on this one.  Happy to help!  (thumbsu

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, hoffitmus prime said:

Condition is not the priority, it's price. I'd prefer a better copy though.

A little friendly advice:

Your post wasn't very helpful, and it's not really enticing to potential sellers to bend over backwards to guess what you're really after. 

If you're serious about seeing what's out there and price is the biggest factor for you, get a 1-month subscription to GPAnalysis and see what grades are typically available in your price range.  Once you know that, start a Want To Buy post in the appropriate forum (link it here for extra traffic) and state the grade or price range you're looking for.  Stating either a grade range or a price range is fine, but leaving both out and stating that you're on a budget is a sure way to come up empty handed.

Good luck! :smile:

On 10/23/2017 at 12:49 PM, Parabellum said:

Just an updated pic of my graded TMNT books.  I'm pretty happy how this is coming along.

All are white pages

TMNT 1 first print x2 CGC 7.5 and 9.0 SS

TMNT 1 second print 9.2 (bought it raw and had it submitted through a local shop)

TMNT 1 third print 9.8 SS

TMNT 2 first and second print 9.8, first print SS

TMNT 3 NYCC 9.2

TMNT 3 first print 9.8 SS

TMNT 4 first print 9.8

TMNT 4 error 9.6 (bought this raw and had it submitted through a local shop)

TMNT 1 color edition error 9.8 SS

TMNT vol 2 error 9.6 (bought it from Mirage Licensing, my intention was to order a regular edition but this one came instead.  

Submitted it through a local shop)

TMNT Adventures 1 1988 9.8

TMNT Adventures 1 1989 9.8

just submitted my TMNT 1 sixth print at the Baltimore con.  Waiting on the results.  Should be at least a 9.6, great shot at a 9.8.

image.jpeg

Damn, that is so impressive.  (worship)

On 10/25/2017 at 8:01 AM, GM8 said:

Complete self interest full disclosure but it warms my heart to see this one up over 14k with 10 days to go... I'm sure everyone else roots for books they have (this ones not my copy) to do well at auction. The 9.8 on heritage a few months back went surprisingly low.

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Complete self interest full disclosure but it warms my heart to see this one up over 14k with 10 days to go... I'm sure everyone else roots for books they have (this ones not my copy) to do well at auction. The 9.8 on heritage a few months back went surprisingly low.

Surprisingly low?  It sold for $27K!  That was the highest ever recorded to my knowledge for a 9.8.

13 minutes ago, GM8 said:

Surprisingly low?  It sold for $27K!  That was the highest ever recorded to my knowledge for a 9.8.

That's highest GPA on record for sure but there is one for sale on Heritage that someone put down a 35k offer for ...which the owner turned down I guess.  Seeing that is what made me think the result in the auction was surprisingly low I guess.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-first-printing-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7066-91397.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

First, I hope all of you are doing great! Long time no see! :) I'm selling off all my TMNT artwork and was going to give you guys the link to my Gobbledygook #1 and #2 framed with bills of sale! I'll also be listing the amazing Gobbledygook #2 cover page!! :) Let me know if you're interested on the piece up on eBay as I'm always taking offers and will pull it down. Hope you guys have a great day!! 

Gobbledygook #1 and #2

2 hours ago, szavisca said:

That's highest GPA on record for sure but there is one for sale on Heritage that someone put down a 35k offer for ...which the owner turned down I guess.  Seeing that is what made me think the result in the auction was surprisingly low I guess.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-first-printing-mirage-studios-1984-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7066-91397.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Ah, well offers are not consummated sales and shouldn't be counted as such, just like asking prices.  Unless it closes it isn't a sale.

That particular copy appears to have been sold at HA in 2012 for $17K, then the owner apparently was open to offers in 10/16 with an asking price set at $50K.    I don't think $50K is too far away but we're not there yet.

11 minutes ago, GM8 said:

Ah, well offers are not consummated sales and shouldn't be counted as such, just like asking prices.  Unless it closes it isn't a sale.

That particular copy appears to have been sold at HA in 2012 for $17K, then the owner apparently was open to offers in 10/16 with an asking price set at $50K.    I don't think $50K is too far away but we're not there yet.

Fair enough, that could easily have been a shill/false offer... I do think we're about one good movie away from 50k on the 9.8s too.