• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,280 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

What does a counterfeit set go for?

From what I've seen, $800-$1,200 in today's market.  They come up so infrequently that it's hard to get a real sense for their value. 

22 hours ago, GM8 said:

CGC 9.8 bids w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $31,070.00.

That's just over the recent record ebay sale of $30,100, and this auction has 15 days to go.

Now the 9.8 is at $35,850 with BP and 14+ days to go.

5 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

I don't think any experienced collector willing to drop Gobbledygook $ would be fooled by those. I'm glad the counterfeits are so easy to spot, having the yellow covers. And the signatures are incredibly obvious forgeries. The counterfeiters weren't trying very hard. 

Back when these were made, they didn't have to.  Without the internet as we know it today, details about Gobbledygook were scarce as the book itself was so rare.  Fans in the 80's looking for the fabled Gobbledygook books were often basing their searches on rumors and hearsay.  I'm sure many had no idea what it looked like. 

11 hours ago, Turtle said:

Back when these were made, they didn't have to.  Without the internet as we know it today, details about Gobbledygook were scarce as the book itself was so rare.  Fans in the 80's looking for the fabled Gobbledygook books were often basing their searches on rumors and hearsay.  I'm sure many had no idea what it looked like. 

Including people who happily paid $20+ for Gobbledygook #1 (1986)

21 hours ago, Turtle said:

absolutely

7 hours ago, TMNTDude said:

What does that mean? You def have me intrigued.

They were advertising a TMNT signing on their site but now I can't find it on their event calendar. Curious. hm