Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
37 37

6,177 posts in this topic

9,270 posts
1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

What does a counterfeit set go for?

From what I've seen, $800-$1,200 in today's market.  They come up so infrequently that it's hard to get a real sense for their value. 

11,073 posts
22 hours ago, GM8 said:

CGC 9.8 bids w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $31,070.00.

That's just over the recent record ebay sale of $30,100, and this auction has 15 days to go.

Now the 9.8 is at $35,850 with BP and 14+ days to go.

2,047 posts

I don't think any experienced collector willing to drop Gobbledygook $ would be fooled by those. I'm glad the counterfeits are so easy to spot, having the yellow covers. And the signatures are incredibly obvious forgeries. The counterfeiters weren't trying very hard. 

9,270 posts
5 hours ago, spracknetch23 said:

I don't think any experienced collector willing to drop Gobbledygook $ would be fooled by those. I'm glad the counterfeits are so easy to spot, having the yellow covers. And the signatures are incredibly obvious forgeries. The counterfeiters weren't trying very hard. 

Back when these were made, they didn't have to.  Without the internet as we know it today, details about Gobbledygook were scarce as the book itself was so rare.  Fans in the 80's looking for the fabled Gobbledygook books were often basing their searches on rumors and hearsay.  I'm sure many had no idea what it looked like. 

11,073 posts
11 hours ago, Turtle said:

Back when these were made, they didn't have to.  Without the internet as we know it today, details about Gobbledygook were scarce as the book itself was so rare.  Fans in the 80's looking for the fabled Gobbledygook books were often basing their searches on rumors and hearsay.  I'm sure many had no idea what it looked like. 

Including people who happily paid $20+ for Gobbledygook #1 (1986)

25,576 posts
21 hours ago, Turtle said:

absolutely

25,576 posts
On 2/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, valiantman said:

Now the 9.8 is at $35,850 with BP and 14+ days to go.

good golly

10,794 posts
4 hours ago, nriccijr said:

:cloud9:

24 posts
On 2/1/2018 at 9:23 PM, Ryan. said:

I have a suspicion that FCBD is going to be interesting at Jetpack Comics this year...hm

What does that mean? You def have me intrigued.

10,794 posts
7 hours ago, TMNTDude said:

What does that mean? You def have me intrigued.

They were advertising a TMNT signing on their site but now I can't find it on their event calendar. Curious. hm

20,769 posts

What is the deal with Fugitoid 1? Was it just printed in insane numbers? I know it is just a cameo, but you'd think an early TNMT app would be of more interest.

52 posts
828 posts
589 posts
1,162 posts

If you're a fan of Mark Bode's TMNT art, please check out this post in the Original Art Marketplace section:

13,236 posts

Wow. 279 pages since I first started this thread. I'm curious if that's a personal best?-)  :hi: