Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
33 33

5,945 posts in this topic

835 posts
1 minute ago, rich_TMNT said:

I concur.  Great collection!   My pet project for sometime in the future is to track down all the Archie TMNT Adventures printings.  There are so many.   

Thanks rich!  Means a lot coming from you.  I think there was at least five printings for the first 15 issues not including Canadian price variants and newsstands.

835 posts
11 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Wow! That is impressive.:whatthe:

Thanks oakman29!  Much appreciated.

46,088 posts
Just now, Parabellum said:

Thanks oakman29!  Much appreciated.

I do have a nice TMNT 1-4, the 2009 error #1, just not in the grades you have. I do plan on finding a nice Raphael #1, but seems to be on the back burner.

9,031 posts
On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, Parabellum said:

E563A889-75D8-4B7C-838B-5288EE33CDDC.jpeg

Great pics!

What's the background on this one?  It's the only book you posted that I'm not familiar with.  :$

835 posts
29 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Great pics!

What's the background on this one?  It's the only book you posted that I'm not familiar with.  :$

I have no idea.  I saw it and thought it looked cool so I picked it up.  

14,082 posts
1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Great pics!

It's the Black and White Graphic Novel edition of the comic book adaptation of the movie -script.  Laird and Eastman sort of did the art together on this.  Eastman did the layouts while Lawson did the pencils.  Then Larson, Talbot, Eastman and Laird did inks on the book.  There is also a full color edition of the same book, with a different cover.

244 posts
2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Great pics!

I actually know this!

It the comic version of the first movie, but this particular version was available within the 25th anniversary blue ray pizza box edition. Video of a unboxing here, its not me but this is the best i can do quickly. Which up until this moment i never realized or remembered there is a signed ketch in that box :D 

Edited by Hurtszick

2,766 posts

my goodness... some amazing collections... *dreaming* :)

I can't remember if I updated this little anecdote from years ago here or not, but here's this weird thing... (not sure why the label image is rotated...)

3rdKindFull.jpg

3rdKindLabel.jpg

9,031 posts
4 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

It's the Black and White Graphic Novel edition of the comic book adaptation of the movie --script.  Laird and Eastman sort of did the art together on this.  Eastman did the layouts while Lawson did the pencils.  Then Larson, Talbot, Eastman and Laird did inks on the book.  There is also a full color edition of the same book, with a different cover.

Great information...and you'd be correct if we were talking about the original release.  However, the image shows that the book is smaller in scale than the original.  But you're bang-on about the original release. 

3 hours ago, Hurtszick said:

I actually know this!

It the comic version of the first movie, but this particular version was available within the 25th anniversary blue ray pizza box edition. Video of a unboxing here, its not me but this is the best i can do quickly. Which up until this moment i never realized or remembered there is a signed ketch in that box :D 

Thanks so much!  This is exactly what I wanted to know!

14,082 posts
8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Great information...and you'd be correct if we were talking about the original release.  However, the image shows that the book is smaller in scale than the original.  But you're bang-on about the original release. 

Thanks so much!  This is exactly what I wanted to know!

HAHA my mistake.  When I saw your question, the board was cut off up screen, so it looked full size.  After Hurtszick posted, I noticed that it's tiny lol

835 posts
11 hours ago, Hurtszick said:

I actually know this!

THX for the info!

365 posts
On 4/12/2018 at 11:06 AM, Schmakt said:

my goodness... some amazing collections... *dreaming* :)

I can't remember if I updated this little anecdote from years ago here or not, but here's this weird thing... (not sure why the label image is rotated...)

3rdKindFull.jpg

3rdKindLabel.jpg

What a cool item!  

835 posts

Finally!  #9 volume 3 error!  Also signed by Kevin!  Thx Rich!  Once I can get my hands on a #1 and #3 newsstand edition I think I will be done with vol 3.

769E6F89-E897-4510-99F4-F534962CA11D.jpeg

2E1C208E-6DC2-4631-A953-1211F144E0CC.jpeg

78E676CB-2F75-42D0-912C-8D688DA23BA5.jpeg

9,740 posts

Holy shib!

835 posts
On 4/18/2018 at 11:28 AM, Finhead said:

Lowly #1 second print and a con set.

20180417_100344.jpg

20180417_100423.jpg

Nothing lowly about a second print.  Nice books!

24,771 posts
On 18/04/2018 at 7:34 PM, Turtle said:

My commission from Gerhard arrived today!  You can read more about it here.

TMNT Gerhard - Lair.jpg

that's great!   what did that run you?