Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
33 33

5,924 posts in this topic

9,024 posts
On 12/22/2018 at 11:16 AM, Turtle said:

I'm still on the hunt for the 2018 Insight Edition, the reprint that came with the latest version of the Ultimate Visual history.  I didn't know about that one until Rich brought it to light.

As a quick update on this, I am NO LONGER in the hunt for this version as my man @SpideyFein sent me a surprise Christmas gift...the 2018 version of the Ultimate Visual History, which includes the newer reprint of the book!!!

I don't really know what to say.  I'm touched.  @SpideyFein has some seriously good karma coming his way.  Thanks Dan!  You've really brightened up my season.  (worship)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,732 posts
On 12/22/2018 at 11:32 AM, Turtle said:

That looks amazing!

If anyone ever needs color added to something, Steve's the guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365 posts
On 12/22/2018 at 11:08 AM, Turtle said:

100% agree...these are certainly made purely as a money grab.  This whole collecting thing feels like a sickness sometimes. 

I've never read the story.  It doesn't interest me much, though I would be interested to hear why they can't produce a second issue.  And I was under the impression that all the Do You Pooh books are Planet Awesome exclusives, but I could be wrong.  They seem to work hand-in-hand with one another.  One thing I've found is that information on these books is sparse.  It's tough to nail down any concrete data on them. 

The Frankie's exclusive (posted a little earlier in this thread) is a different book.  There is, indeed, an magazine-sized Do You Pooh? book.  If they come out with 5 different versions of this one, I'll need to bail too.  In the meantime, I need to keep my eyes open for the Homage Metal and the B&W versions.  :sick:

 

@Turtle  I read in an article that Marat couldn't produce a second copy of Do You Pooh? due to legal reasons (or licensing restrictions)...something to that effect.  Don't recall if there were further details given about it but that's all I remember.  Planet Awesome is heavily connected to the Do You Pooh? books and Marat also has done a few Turtles covers for them as well.  But, I don't know the exact connection between the two.  

17 hours ago, Turtle said:

As a quick update on this, I am NO LONGER in the hunt for this version as my man @SpideyFein sent me a surprise Christmas gift...the 2018 version of the Ultimate Visual History, which includes the newer reprint of the book!!!

I don't really know what to say.  I'm touched.  @SpideyFein has some seriously good karma coming his way.  Thanks Dan!  You've really brightened up my season.  (worship)

What an awesome surprise!  Very cool.  

I'm still looking for a Turtlemania GOLD edition.  @SpideyFein , let me know if you need my mailing address.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
762 posts

All?? / Most??....

of the regulars here are great people and I am happy I have had a chance to meet many of you in person, and I have had a number of great dealings with many I have not met. Merry Christmas to everyone....if you celebrate that sort of thing!! 

 

PS....Rich....you working on something for issue 100?!?!?! :wishluck::foryou:
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,116 posts
7 hours ago, rich_TMNT said:

@Turtle  I read in an article that Marat couldn't produce a second copy of Do You Pooh? due to legal reasons (or licensing restrictions)...something to that effect.  Don't recall if there were further details given about it but that's all I remember.  Planet Awesome is heavily connected to the Do You Pooh? books and Marat also has done a few Turtles covers for them as well.  But, I don't know the exact connection between the two.  

What an awesome surprise!  Very cool.  

I'm still looking for a Turtlemania GOLD edition.  @SpideyFein , let me know if you need my mailing address.  ;)

You weren’t supposed to know!! It should have been there by now. 

I wish I had one, and then another to give. You deserve a Gold, as you have literally every other piece of Turtle goodness (almost) in the world and have been kind enough to share it with us! 

To all my turtle and shell heads; Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, and all that good stuff. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365 posts
5 hours ago, nriccijr said:

All?? / Most??....

of the regulars here are great people and I am happy I have had a chance to meet many of you in person, and I have had a number of great dealings with many I have not met. Merry Christmas to everyone....if you celebrate that sort of thing!! 

 

PS....Rich....you working on something for issue 100?!?!?! :wishluck::foryou:
 

@nriccijr Merry Christmas to you as well !  As for #100... could be.  :smile:

3 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

You weren’t supposed to know!! It should have been there by now. 

I wish I had one, and then another to give. You deserve a Gold, as you have literally every other piece of Turtle goodness (almost) in the world and have been kind enough to share it with us! 

To all my turtle and shell heads; Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Holidays, and all that good stuff. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@SpideyFein  I'll check my mail EVERY HOUR !!  :whee:  It's, of course, a wonderful thing to hope for eventually but I'm blessed to have such a wonderful hobby which has introduced me to such great friends.  I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!  

And to everyone here in Turtles-forum land...Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
664 posts

This is an interesting hobby and forum. I'm reminded of the time I met a few boardies at the Shellback store closing. I lived in Virginia at the time. Drove to Baltimore, MD to catch a cheap Spirit Airlines (ugh) flight to Boston, then rented a car and drove to the store in Maine. Stood in line twice to get all the signatures I could, then drove back to the airport with about 5 minutes to spare. Well worth it for the experience, and only possible for me because of this board.

BTW, I signed up for Steve's waiting list for a sketch. If anyone can see where I am on the list, I'd appreciate it.

ShellbackThumb01.jpg

ShellbackClosingSlabs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,024 posts
3 hours ago, srezvan said:

This is an interesting hobby and forum. I'm reminded of the time I met a few boardies at the Shellback store closing. I lived in Virginia at the time. Drove to Baltimore, MD to catch a cheap Spirit Airlines (ugh) flight to Boston, then rented a car and drove to the store in Maine. Stood in line twice to get all the signatures I could, then drove back to the airport with about 5 minutes to spare. Well worth it for the experience, and only possible for me because of this board.

I remember meeting you there!  It was a bit of a whirlwind trip for me as well, made more complicated by the fact that my car broke down on the way there and I only made it to the signing in time because @nriccijr bailed on his primo spot in line to come pick me up and take me the last 45 minutes or so.  It ultimately worked out well since we were able to make it through the line one more time JUST before they capped it.  I'm pretty sure we were the last ones through.

Such nice folks on this board.  :cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
365 posts
On 12/11/2018 at 12:37 PM, rich_TMNT said:

@Turtle Here's a list of the ones I know about from the past few years.  The first couple are new ones in the past few months in addition to the Frankie's Comics cover.  You may already have (or know about) all of these but just in case you don't...

- TMNT #1 Special Kickstarter Edition - available with the Munchkin TMNT Board Game Kickstarter campaign

- Radically Rearranged Ronin Ragdolls (Eastman cover) - TMNT homage / parody available through Kevin Eastman's "Drawing Blood" Kickstarter project.  There was also a Ben Bishop cover for RRRR but it's not really an homage to TMNT #1 (at least, I don't see it as one).

- Teenage Mutant Ninja Cerebi - TMNT parody from July 2018

- Do You Pooh? (3 homage covers) - these were issued a few years back so you may already know about these.

- TMNT Vol. V #45 Ottawa Comiccon - from back in 2015

- Squarriors #1 Phantom Variant - 2015

- TMNT Vol. I #1 (IDW) Lego SDCC 2014 - from SDCC 2014

- TMNT Vol. V #33 Jetpack - 2014

@Turtle I remembered one more homage cover that I had forgotten about.  It was a Russian reprint done by Illusion Studios (the official publisher of TMNT comics in Russia).  

TMNT-Vol.-I-01_Russian-language-reprint-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,024 posts
On 12/30/2018 at 1:12 PM, rich_TMNT said:

@Turtle I remembered one more homage cover that I had forgotten about.  It was a Russian reprint done by Illusion Studios (the official publisher of TMNT comics in Russia).  

TMNT-Vol.-I-01_Russian-language-reprint-

Thanks for the heads up, but for once I'm way ahead of ya! 

83419626_TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles01Russian.thumb.jpg.e84f769ff4f94e2043172889ae316f60.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,024 posts

I hadn't commissioned Michael Dooney in several years, so I decided to ask him for something a little off the beaten path when I saw him in Baltimore last year.  I asked him for a Turtle in an Iron Man-style suit:

2008402280_TMNTUniverse1-DooneyIronDon.thumb.jpg.f526f3d388e70df2d42377ad89d1ee8d.jpg

I dig it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,024 posts

A few months back I was able to pick up a great TMNT/Usagi cover from Heritage.  You can see it HERE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974 posts

Wow, such a great piece! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,053 posts

Anyone else notice what's going on with TMNT #5 page 6?  It was up in the last HA auction (I bid it up a ways and then dropped out when it hit $3k+) and it hammered at $6,000 including the BP.  Now it's listed in this month's CL.  I mean what's the play on this?  Gotta be buyers remorse or a fire sale right?  No chance CL hits it for more than $6,600 (which is what the seller needs it to even just break even on the original price).  I thought $6,000 was strong as heck back in November.  Only other thing I could think of is that buyer backed out and seller decided to move it over to CL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
372 posts

If anyone is interested in complete set of IDW tmnt # 1s please contact me for pics with your offer . I can give you list of all variants . This is set that had :

 

Sam keith variant

hastings

gatefold cover

individaul turtles from gatefold cover 

eastman cover 

blank variant 

 

etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
974 posts
5 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

Anyone else notice what's going on with TMNT #5 page 6?  It was up in the last HA auction (I bid it up a ways and then dropped out when it hit $3k+) and it hammered at $6,000 including the BP.  Now it's listed in this month's CL.  I mean what's the play on this?  Gotta be buyers remorse or a fire sale right?  No chance CL hits it for more than $6,600 (which is what the seller needs it to even just break even on the original price).  I thought $6,000 was strong as heck back in November.  Only other thing I could think of is that buyer backed out and seller decided to move it over to CL. 

Yes, shortly after the auction the buyer was offered a grail piece and decided to raise funds in a hurry. Why they went with CL instead of HA not sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
33 33