• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

These are the real deal folks. These are my second set that I'm offering for sale.

I have my eye on some other goodies so would like to use this money for that. As mentioned on my thread in general, even though I never met Nik, I plan donating some money from the sale to his cause.

I've started the bidding high because I already have a set offer for around that amount however they need some time for payments. So if it doesn't sell on there, it'll still work out.

Yea I agree. I sent him an offer, but it was significantly lower than yours. Great books though. Really hope you enjoy them :)

I agree that $500 was too much. I sent an offer of $200, he countered with 3, and I took it. Here is the thing for me...My TMNT collection (which is...unreasonably extensive) is all about historical documentation and preservation. Now, bootleg or not, these books undoubtedly hold a significant place in the history of Mirage. So I felt they were worth every penny. Especially since these books are just about as rare as the original prints as far as the number of them that are still out there go.

Very well said. Nice pick up!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/10/21/mtv-buy-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-heroes-in-a-half-hundred-million/ Blog Post

WOW!! The TMNT have been sold, in its entirety, to Nickelodien. And Peter Laird has confirmed it as truth. So from this point on, Kevin Eastman nor Pete will have virtually NO say in regards to the TMNT. The comics are probably completely finished. The deal was for $60 million ($10 mil of which went to the cartoon distrubituor). I honestly would have thought the property was worth more.

I guess we'll see what comes of this.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/10/21/mtv-buy-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-heroes-in-a-half-hundred-million/ Blog Post

WOW!! The TMNT have been sold, in its entirety, to Nickelodien. And Peter Laird has confirmed it as truth. So from this point on, Kevin Eastman nor Pete will have virtually NO say in regards to the TMNT. The comics are probably completely finished. The deal was for $60 million ($10 mil of which went to the cartoon distrubituor). I honestly would have thought the property was worth more.

wow! this is gigantic news! I wonder will this be good or bad? I also wonder if Dave Sim would ever sell Cerebus if someone offered him 60 million for it?

Edited by MR.COMICBOOK

$60 million is low. Nickelodeon got a deal. The TMNT franchise is easily $150 million or more.

$60 million is low. Nickelodeon got a deal. The TMNT franchise is easily $150 million or more.

I would definitely agree.

Which TP or HV reprints the first TMNT issues. I was on chapters.com and I am not sure which book it is. Can anyone help me with a name or picture. Thanks

Well, there a few TPBs that collect the first few issues.

There are 3 large TPBS put out by mirage that collect the first 11 issues, plus the 4 micro issues. These books provide all you need to get classic Eastman & Laird.

The 2 earliest ones came out in 1988. One version is hardcover, and is relatively rare is as there were only 1,000 copies that wer signed by them. It'll set you back anywhere from $150-$250 generally, though maybe a bit more as there has been a slight increase in prices lately. The next book is called the "phonebook" (for its lage size) and is softcover. At 5,000 copies is a bit mroe relatively available in the $100 range. Finally, you have a collected version that came out in 1990. This can be found in the $50- $75 range.

Other than those 3 books, you next options are the color TPBS put out by First publishing. These are GREAT books in my opinion. Its really neat seeing the turtles in color (all red bandans). These are alot cheaper, BUT you would need to get all 4 books in order to get the same amount of stories you would get from one of the above. Each book has about 3 issues in it, but they do have some extra content and stories as well.

TMNT,

You are truly a Walking (Posting) Encyclopedia of the Turtles! I have found your posts SO HELPFUL! (worship)

I find myself never having to Google anything I want to know about Turtle books! (worship)

So maybe you can help me yet again.....

1) Do you have a pic or a scan of the Hardcover TPB? I don't think I have ever seen one.

2) Do you have a pic or scan of the "Phonebook" TPB? (My wife wants to buy one for me...but I have no clue which one this is. I thought I knew....but there seem to be a few to many TPBS. (shrug) )

Any info you have would be much obliged! Again thanks for all the insight on these guys!

Eric