• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,267 posts in this topic

Follow-up question.

Any reason these two particular issues had second printings while most others didn't?

As far as I know, Eastman just had a BLAST working with Bode, and simply wanted to see these books in color. Keep in mind, at this time both East & Laird really weren't doing too much as far as the comics go - the toys, movies, cartoon,etc. commanded nearly all of their time. So when East finally had a chance to get some comic time, he really wanted to max it out

Thought I would mention that Eastman and Laird drew an appearance of the TMNT (as did Dave Sim added Cerebus) in Miami Mice #4.

Yep, neat little appearance in there.

I'm really glad I found this thread. I bought 2 long boxes of comics from a local guy about 4 or 5 years ago and there are probably 35 or 40 TMNT comics in one of those boxes. I'll let you guys know what I've got once I figure it out. (thumbs u

nice score, Shark2557!

Did any of you guys buy the Michelangelo: The Third Kind mini series?

My issue number 3 has 8 interior pages that are completely blank. I emailed Dan Berger about this when it first came out, and he was unaware of any misprint... anyone else have this happen? Or have you heard of it?

Guess this isn't a TMNT item you see very often, maybe one of the rarer items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170403251120&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Only 50 copies.

Anyone have any info. on these items?

I have a couple sets of minitures, but this packaging is much nicer than the ones I got that are simply in plastic backs with a cardboard top. I believe mine are actually originals as they are the original characters with their original weapons and I bought them the same day that issue #3 came out, they're advertised at the bottom of the inside front cover of an early issue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtles-Dark-Horse-miniatures-game-figures_W0QQitemZ170401937374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27acbf37de

Hey gang,

I was recently able to secure a copy of this book from Steve Murphy @ Mirage (However not the copy in that auction). I actually picked it up today, so I don't have it in hand yet, but I thought you'd like to see the pictures I DO have. Additionally, I will be posting scans with a write up once I have it in my mitts.

Bfi0kZw2kKGrHqEOKjMErymHSE8bBLBupl5.jpg

Bfi04wWkKGrHqUOKjcEsBJjYvmBLBuqcfbE.jpg

Bfi1zegWkKGrHqIOKkEryD9g2pzBLButIbp.jpg

I also have some new information regarding the book directly from it's creator, Bill Fitts:

Well, what this was is a comic I put together as a "farewell gift" to my friends at Mirage before I left to move back to california in 1993 :)

I wrote and did the layouts, and my friend Dan Seneres did the pencils, I inked it and Steve Levigne did the lettering. As it was sort of a "taboo" at the time (as the TMNT we're still enjoying popularity and we were careful not to tarnish the clean image), I kept it on the under and only printed a run of I beleive 50 copies, which were given out to the creators and some of the staff - it was done secretly and then I sprung it on them as a surprise, heh.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Jim posted in another forum that he just sold (for $400 plus $200 in trade) his copy recently too, that's 3 of the 50 copies.

yeah I had seen that over at the CBG boards. Amazing how when something sells on ebay, the desire for it spikes. I was fortunate enough to get my copy for $400 flat.

I look forward to a write up and more scans haha. It looks entertaining and good for a few laughs.

Guess this isn't a TMNT item you see very often, maybe one of the rarer items.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170403251120&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Only 50 copies.

Anyone have any info. on these items?

I have a couple sets of minitures, but this packaging is much nicer than the ones I got that are simply in plastic backs with a cardboard top. I believe mine are actually originals as they are the original characters with their original weapons and I bought them the same day that issue #3 came out, they're advertised at the bottom of the inside front cover of an early issue.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-Ninja-Turtles-Dark-Horse-miniatures-game-figures_W0QQitemZ170401937374QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27acbf37de

Hey gang,

I was recently able to secure a copy of this book from Steve Murphy @ Mirage (However not the copy in that auction). I actually picked it up today, so I don't have it in hand yet, but I thought you'd like to see the pictures I DO have. Additionally, I will be posting scans with a write up once I have it in my mitts.

Bfi0kZw2kKGrHqEOKjMErymHSE8bBLBupl5.jpg

Bfi04wWkKGrHqUOKjcEsBJjYvmBLBuqcfbE.jpg

Bfi1zegWkKGrHqIOKkEryD9g2pzBLButIbp.jpg

I also have some new information regarding the book directly from it's creator, Bill Fitts:

Well, what this was is a comic I put together as a "farewell gift" to my friends at Mirage before I left to move back to california in 1993 :)

I wrote and did the layouts, and my friend Dan Seneres did the pencils, I inked it and Steve Levigne did the lettering. As it was sort of a "taboo" at the time (as the TMNT we're still enjoying popularity and we were careful not to tarnish the clean image), I kept it on the under and only printed a run of I beleive 50 copies, which were given out to the creators and some of the staff - it was done secretly and then I sprung it on them as a surprise, heh.

I'll be sure to keep everyone posted.

Anyone have an extra Raphael #1 that is available?

The Magazine-sized issue? What grade are you looking for?

On another note, I just saw this and wanted to know, counterfeit or the real deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250548278839&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123#ht_1281wt_1556

Looking for a 1st print of it. I have just started collecting TMNT comics with my 8 year old and he loves Casey. My kid plays hockey and Casey has an added appeal with the mask and hockey stick. I am looking to pick one up some we can have his 1st app.

Our collection is for reading so we usually buy raw comics. We don't need mint copies but we do still like to get as high a grade without rips tears or marks (when possible).

Looking for a 1st print of it. I have just started collecting TMNT comics with my 8 year old and he loves Casey. My kid plays hockey and Casey has an added appeal with the mask and hockey stick. I am looking to pick one up some we can have his 1st app.

Our collection is for reading so we usually buy raw comics. We don't need mint copies but we do still like to get as high a grade without rips tears or marks (when possible).

I'm always about spreading TMNT love to younguns. Shoot me your address via PM and I'll mail you a 1st print. Merry Christmas!

I'm always about spreading TMNT love to younguns. Shoot me your address via PM and I'll mail you a 1st print. Merry Christmas!

Bah! You beat me to it. I had a copy laid out and everything. But at least they get their book. That's all that matters to me. (thumbs u

Can anyone state (in general terms) what the most valuable TMNT books are? I'm aware of a few, but do they have to be 1st printings and in CGC 9.8 to be worth anything substantial?

I did check GPA on some of them and it doesn't seem that many of these books have been graded. Is that because of low distribution, lack of submission or just hard to find in high grade? And what about Tales of the TMNT? Are any of them worth having? I have a bunch of TMNT books but not sure if any of them are worth slabbing or not. Any constructive information would be great. :)