• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Thread
23 23

8,291 posts in this topic

Doesn't look like anyone mentioned the TMNT #1 that came out about 3 weeks ago. It was a reprint of #1, but fully in color for the 1st time. I just picked up a copy. Anyone know if there is a list of all the reprints? Was wondering what number this was. I think I've got about 7 of them (but no 1st print) and thought that's probably about half of them.

Edited by 50 Cent #II (1st)

I thought I would share my TMNT books. I bought these off the rack and never read them. I have posted the #1 before but just got the others back yesterday. My #2 is in for grading (hoping for a 9.8 on that one :wishluck:)

WOW WOW WOW~!~

I remember reading your story about that TMNT #1 and how your buddy urged you to buy it when it came out. Cool stuff. You subbed it at WWTX 2008, right?

I came across a dealer in Georgia who kept telling me that he owned the sole 9.8 TMNT #1 1st print. Was that you, or was the guy lying?

Anyway, cool that you have a Raphael in 9.8 as well. I saw that a universal 9.8 popped up. There are 3 other 9.8's, but they're all SS books. It's a tough book to find in grade.

Fantastic books!

I remember reading your story about that TMNT #1 and how your buddy urged you to buy it when it came out. Cool stuff. You subbed it at WWTX 2008, right?

I came across a dealer in Georgia who kept telling me that he owned the sole 9.8 TMNT #1 1st print. Was that you, or was the guy lying?

Anyway, cool that you have a Raphael in 9.8 as well. I saw that a universal 9.8 popped up. There are 3 other 9.8's, but they're all SS books. It's a tough book to find in grade.

Fantastic books!

Thanks.

Unless there is another 9.8 #1 floating around, that guy was fibbing. I am not a dealer and live in Oklahoma. There well may be another at some point.

Yes I subbed it at WWTX2008.

Thanks for the confirmation. I remembered the story and given his age, something didn't seem to fit. He was trying to convince me he had the best stock of TMNT books out there...he just didn't bring any of them with him. :blahblah:

Again, great books. I hope your #2 comes back a 9.8. :wishluck:

Fantastic books!

Thanks.

Unless there is another 9.8 #1 floating around, that guy was fibbing. I am not a dealer and live in Oklahoma. There well may be another at some point.

Yes I subbed it at WWTX2008.

Another 9.8? Not likely me thinks! :gossip: Amazing Amazing book!!! (worship)

I thought I would share my TMNT books. I bought these off the rack and never read them. I have posted the #1 before but just got the others back yesterday. My #2 is in for grading (hoping for a 9.8 on that one :wishluck:)

tmnt1.jpg

tmnt3a.jpg

tmnt3b.jpg

tmnt4a.jpg

tmnt4b.jpgraphael1.jpg

Absolutely Stunning!!!

That #1 brings a tear to my eye! (worship)

Thank-you for posting those Telerites!

That's the Michealangelo 1 shot. Each of the turtles has one...Raphael's 1st print is in Magazine size, but the rest are standard size like that one. It's a relatively common issue, but it seems to be somewhat tough to get in 9.8 condition (4 on census, last I checked).

It's part of the first run in the TMNT series. The Raphael one-shot introduces Casey Jones as a character and the Leonardo one is part of the main storyline. If you've ever seen the first live action movie, the Raphael one-shot is reminiscent of Raph meeting Casey in the park at night and the Leonardo story was adapted to the movie as the part when Raph (replaced Leo for the movie) is alone and gets ambushed and badly injured.

The Donatello one-shot is a tribute to Jack Kirby, a big inspiration to Eastman and Laird. Not vital to the main storyline, but a fun read. The Michaelangelo also isn't vital to the main storyline, but it fleshes out Mikey's character a bit and it's a bit lighter in mood as it's a Christmas-themed book.

tmnt1.jpg

tmnt3a.jpg

tmnt3b.jpg

tmnt4a.jpg

tmnt4b.jpgraphael1.jpg

(worship)

Those are just awesome!!!