• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official PEDIGREE BOOK thread! Updates and comments here
9 9

419 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think the time has come (actually it probably came several years ago!) for Matt and company to pass the torch to someone willing to finish the book.

If the knowledge is assembled, and there's a willing party able to commit the necessary time to finish compiling/editing/publishing, the only loser is the community if the torch isn't passed. 2c

The most critical part of writing a book is to finish it. Everything else is secondary. Watching this book over the years, it appears they kept expanding what they wanted to include and ultimately never finished it. 

3 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Every time this thread bumps I keep thinking there is some news.  Every time it's a random bump.

Sorry was not my intention. I was just reading again, about some peds on the site again, made me once again, wish the book would come into fruition. Such a great idea

Edited by Icculus308win

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think the time has come (actually it probably came several years ago!) for Matt and company to pass the torch to someone willing to finish the book.

What we need is someone who (A) is passionate about comic books; (B) has experience doing research; (C) has experience publishing books; (D) has a day job that provides a lot of flexibility; and (E) lives in a town where one of the major pedigrees was discovered.

hm

33 minutes ago, thunsicker said:

And Rob has volunteered!

I have put some thought into it in the past and quite recently thought seriously about it. Other people have suggested that I try to take the book over on more than one occasion and I recently softened to the idea on my own. FWIW, it makes sense. In addition to my own research on pedigrees and related topics, I've written several books, so it's a thing that I do. :whatthe:

Edited by rob_react
(r)ecently

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I've heard that several people have already been down this road, without it working out. 

8 minutes ago, october said:

I've heard that several people have already been down this road, without it working out. 

Yeah.  There isn't a shortage of people willing to help with the book.  I'd love to see @rob_react take it on.  At least it would get done. 

I brought over a writer friend to Matt and Steve 10 years ago  at the Chicago Con, to see if they needed or wanted help. I was told it they had it scheduled and it would be finished the following year. It's an old story. It's a shame too, because they had a great idea.