• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official PEDIGREE BOOK thread! Updates and comments here
9 9

419 posts in this topic

I just noticed the WINDY CITY batch of #1 issues only has 3% of its numbers listed in the CGC directory - so sez this pedigree web site.

Hey Bob, good to hear you'll be at the NY show. There's several ways to look at that 3%...one is that the Windy City collection is huge, and many books in it would not rate CGC grading because of their lower value. Also, the collection was split up many years ago, and I'm sure a lot of them are not marked as Windy City anymore. And several of those that are worthy of grading are likely sitting in collections that haven't been touched in years.

A collection like Gaines will have a very high % CGC graded, since most copies are extremely high grade and active in the market. Crippens will too since they just came out, and the family opted to have many graded for auction.

San Frans were broken up a long time ago, but I'm assuming most had either the stamp or the arrival date, so they stand out. And most are incredible grade and the type of books that warrant CGC grading. Given the thousands that should be in the collection, 3% is kinda small.

Matt- Is it true that the book is going to have a 'centerfold' of Ponsetti? jb

yes, bottomless and unshaved.

So it's coming foil sealed like Madonna's book hm

.... a collectors edition, about collectors edition's, me likes it :grin:

Hi everyone!

4. It appears that the Pennsylvania collection original list is lost. Does anyone know of big key issues from this collection?

Thanks for reading…I hope we see some interesting feedback and discussions here.

Matt Nelson

When I get home I can provide you with a couple Penn book scans. And don't you forget to add my Fight Comics #19 Church book either!

Hi everyone!

4. It appears that the Pennsylvania collection original list is lost. Does anyone know of big key issues from this collection?

Thanks for reading…I hope we see some interesting feedback and discussions here.

Matt Nelson

When I get home I can provide you with a couple Penn book scans. And don't you forget to add my Fight Comics #19 Church book either!

Sure, email them to me. No promise as to what will make the book, but we'll add them to the database.

matt, I can get you a KC Marvel 1 scan :)

bring it on! Ponscon was just a blast, by the way. We really gave the boys a run for their money in football Saturday.

indeed... I really like your "soft" hands :baiting:

Hi everyone!

Matt Nelson

Sure, email them to me. No promise as to what will make the book, but we'll add them to the database.

Here's a Penn book. Certainly not a key, but a cool book nonetheless...

cma23.jpg

And another...

americasbest8.jpg

I think this is a great idea Matt. I'd considered trying to do something somewhat similar on the boards, but your website will be an even better resource given the publicity & audience your book will (hopefully) find.

Just want to let you folks know that it was me and and my good friend Mike who actually were the first people to see the Tom Reilly collection at the first Berkeley 73 ComicCon before Comics & Comix swooped in and got the bulk of the collection.Mike and I got the entire Timley Run which I still have a later Capain America In the mid fifties

Just want to let you folks know that it was me and and my good friend Mike who actually were the first people to see the Tom Reilly collection at the first Berkeley 73 ComicCon before Comics & Comix swooped in and got the bulk of the collection.Mike and I got the entire Timley Run which I still have a later Capain America In the mid fifties

Can you share what you recall being told or heard about Tom's background and any other family history? :popcorn:

Were there any Nedors?