• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official PEDIGREE BOOK thread! Updates and comments here
9 9

419 posts in this topic

Personally I would be quite content with just getting the story behind the pedigree and any sort of list of what was I the collection. All the CGC data is interesting but not a must. Considering some pedigree material is migrating to the grading company that shall not be named, I think it is harder to compile.

The advertising is a separate issue, but the completion of the book was never in question. We do have some fresh ideas that may kickstart the project. Stay tuned.

Yay, Matt! I was hopin' you'd chime in. Not sure if you meant Kickstarter, but that'd certainly work. After crowd funding our first film this way I'm a firm believer. Many comic related projects are financed through pledge drives nowadays. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss this in greater detail off the boards.

Cheers,

Cat-Man

Actually the problem isn't money or even the writing. Gathering the stories from people involved became the most time consuming thing, requiring a lot of coordinated schedules and hours of phone conversations.

This was no problem when Steve was still in the Air Force and Classics was just starting to grow. But once worldwide started, everything snowballed from there. Time got scarce. It only made things more difficult when we moved apart.

I logged all of the original lists and CGC data years ago. About 1/3 of the stories are completed. The website is up. There is an end in sight, but there is still a lot of work to do.

One advantage of the time lapse is that both of us now see new ways to streamline the book that will make it more relevant and well put together.

Edited by Matt Nelson

Actually the problem isn't money or even the writing. Gathering the stories from people involved became the most time consuming thing, requiring a lot of coordinated schedules and hours of phone conversations.

This was no problem when Steve was still in the Air Force and Classics was just starting to grow. But once worldwide started, everything snowballed from there. Time got scarce. It only made things more difficult when we moved apart.

I logged all of the original lists and CGC data years ago. About 1/3 of the stories are completed. The website is up. There is an end in sight, but there is still a lot of work to do.

One advantage of the time lapse is that both of us now see new ways to streamline the book that will make it more relevant and well put together.

Hi Matt - I'm sure you've thought through all the angles, but I'm just curious to know why you've decided not to delegate time consuming chores?

Hi Matt......I know one story is written..ho ho.....As some have intimated "less may be more" depending the info you want to impart.

I thank you for your efforts and hope yer git her done.... Best to you......Jon

I've made this comment before, but I'm sure there are a number of people out there with the time and interest to finish the book for them, if they would be willing to take a third author on board. It would appear that might be the only way the book get's done.