• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Black Cat Mysteries #51 help!

33 posts in this topic

Jay, this is fascinating! (thumbs u I wish I had a copy to compare! :(

It is pretty strange...

C'mon people, break out your copies and compare. (thumbs u

Flee...that's terrific! :applause:

Can you post the scan of the indicia?

How's this?

That's great, thank you. Does anyone with a copy that doesn't have the panel whited out have a different indicia?

I don't think anyone has found a copy without the white panel. I'd be surprised if one exists.

:news: UPDATE! :news:

I contacted Jeff Vaughn, of Gemstone Publishing about listing a notation regarding the BCM #51 in the OPG. We'll see what happens, here's his reply:

Jay –

Here’s a note back from Bob. Thanks for the tip!

JCV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Re: Possible notation addition to the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide

Hello Jeff,

This does qualify for listing, I think and it seems to be post code, not precode. It would date in late 1954 after the code was established. since it is a good example of censorship where the (severed head) half of a long rectangular panel was covered up with a blank panel to hide the gruesome, blood dripping art, leaving the reader to wonder what was in the "blank" panel. The original art shows a gruesome severed head scene that was censored before publication with a blank panel pasted over it to hide the art.

Bob