• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF COVERS....ROUND 9

FF COVERS  

81 members have voted

1. 1. FF COVERS

21 posts in this topic

poor selection really. actually struggled for 3, considering in previous rounds there were covers that deserved to be in but lost out.

will there be any 'lucky loser spots'?

neil

I'm probably going to go back and see if there are many that were neck and neck and add a few. FF 50 fits that criteria....even though I didn't actually vote for it.I may try to end up with a final 35 for the "MEGA" round.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Considering how many cool covers are in this run....how would you guys feel about including the runner up from each round for a total of 40 choices in the final round.? GOD BLESS...

Considering how many cool covers are in this run....how would you guys feel about including the runner up from each round for a total of 40 choices in the final round.? GOD BLESS...

Sounds good to me...it'll be difficult either way... :frustrated:

Yeah, this is another one of the weaker 10-book runs...went with 81, 87 and 89

81 - pretty cool monochromatic cover...not your usual hue either...

87 - similarly, cool blue/yellow cover...pretty dramatic...

89 - loads of colors in this one...get this HG and glossy in hand and I've always found it to be quite eye-popping! (miss my 9.6...sniffle... :cry: )

Well guys, I am probably going to get a lot of disagreeance (is that a word?) with my choices, but here goes

To me, probably THE best non Silver Surfer cover Kirby ever did. The angles and perspective of the characters is phenomenal!!! (worship)

You can sense the impending confrontation about to follow..

ff82.jpg

Doctor Doom! Face it...ANY cover with Doom in it rocks, and this one was much better than #84 :sumo:

FF86Rocky.jpg

I LOVE this cover!!! It reminds me of some of the covers from the pre-superhero Monster days! Nostalgia at it's finest!

ff90.jpg

IMO, the monochrome covers of #81 and 87 were okay, but when viewed beside #75, there is just no comparison...#75 takes the title in that regard. I couldn't in good conscious give these two a vote...it would be an insult to the greatest monochrome cover of all time :makepoint:

Well guys, I am probably going to get a lot of disagreeance (is that a word?) with my choices, but here goes

To me, probably THE best non Silver Surfer cover Kirby ever did. The angles and perspective of the characters is phenomenal!!! (worship)

You can sense the impending confrontation about to follow..

ff82.jpg

Doctor Doom! Face it...ANY cover with Doom in it rocks, and this one was much better than #84 :sumo:

FF86Rocky.jpg

I LOVE this cover!!! It reminds me of some of the covers from the pre-superhero Monster days! Nostalgia at it's finest!

ff90.jpg

IMO, the monochrome covers of #81 and 87 were okay, but when viewed beside #75, there is just no comparison...#75 takes the title in that regard. I couldn't in good conscious give these two a vote...it would be an insult to the greatest monochrome cover of all time :makepoint:

I like your perspective on 82 and in retrospect, perhaps should've went with that one... :frustrated:

and your perspective on 90 as well... :headbang:

84 and 86 are sub-par Doom covers in my book... :baiting::sorry:

82 - a classic charge into battle. When I look at this ten issue run side by side, this is the cover that stands out.

86 - larger than life Dr. Doom!

87 - I went with #87 as my third pick, oddly enough because the coloring reminded me of a crime/police-style comic book cover from the 1950's and seemed kind of quirky and off-beat for an FF cover. The post from earlier today similarly comparing #90 to a 1950's monster/horror cover nearly won me over, though.

82 - a classic charge into battle. When I look at this ten issue run side by side, this is the cover that stands out.

86 - larger than life Dr. Doom!

87 - I went with #87 as my third pick, oddly enough because the coloring reminded me of a crime/police-style comic book cover from the 1950's and seemed kind of quirky and off-beat for an FF cover. The post from earlier today similarly comparing #90 to a 1950's monster/horror cover nearly won me over, though.

Same choice! :D

84 stands out as the best of the batch to me.

It's one of my favorites of ALL the FF covers....a giant Dr. Doom looming menacingly over a sleepy little Latverian hamlet.....drawn with Kirby precision. GOD BLESS...