• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

values?forms?

2 posts in this topic

I just visited the CGC site for the first time and I have the following questions:

1) Referring to the SERVICES and FEES table, what is the difference between

Maximum Value and Fair Market Value? ( I assume that Retail Price is what you charge for each book graded,correct?)

2) Do we go by Overstreet to determine values?

3)If we're not sure of the conditions of our books,then we can't be sure of the books' values, so how do we choose a grading tier? (i'm assuming that FMV and Max.Value are the same thing)

4) How do we get Submission Forms?

thanks.

• Administrator

You want to value your books as you would if you were selling them or insuring them. Overstreet, E-bay and other auction sites are good references when trying to determine a value. We use the value for the insurance value of the book from the time it arrives to our facility and is received, until it is shipped to you. The maximum value is the maximum fair market or insurance value that is allowed for a book which is submitted under the specified grading tier.

The best way to submit books to be graded is to start on our website at www.cgccomics.com

You will want to go to Services and Submission and first figure out where your books fit in to our grading tiers. From that page you want to select the subcategory called How to Submit. There you have three options for submitting, you can join Collectors' Society, submit through a dealer's website, or get a submission form from a dealer in your area. I would suggest using Option #2, which is to use the website of one of our affiliated dealers (many of whom offer a discount). What this means is that you will fill out the invoice on their site and print it out. Then you will be mailing your package to us, so they will not be involved in your submission, they only provide the form on their site. If you don't have time online to fill out a form, check out option #3 which is our listing of Dealers. You would want to find a dealer in your area, who will be able to provide you with a submission form also (they can mail it to you if necessary).