• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC '10 - It's Never Too Early!

855 posts in this topic

It really sucks that they're pushing this Con out to the fall of next year rather than carrying it in the winter/spring as they've done four years running. :frustrated:

However, it's a great show and has only gotten better each year. So, I am looking forward to the next one no matter how long the wait.

Unfortunately, it looks like this may be the only show I attend all year and it's only February!

Uh, I beg to differ....I think it's too early. :screwy:

:sorry:

If all you had in your town between now and then was a tired Carbanaro "show" (The National) to "look forward to", you would understand. [/quote

The National show is not terrible; its just not on par w/ the major cons, esp. NYCC. I had a good time last year; most of the major dealers were there. Kinda cramped and not star-studded, but sometimes I just wanna buy comics. (thumbs u

The National show is not terrible; its just not on par w/ the major cons, esp. NYCC. I had a good time last year; most of the major dealers were there. Kinda cramped and not star-studded, but sometimes I just wanna buy comics. (thumbs u

I've been going to his shows since he was holding them at the church on 60th Street back in the early 90's, so it feels kinda played out to me. But this isn't a thread to bash the Big Apple/National show... "I'm not here to talk about the past." -- Big Mac.

:insane:

I've been going to his shows since he was holding them at the church on 60th Street back in the early 90's, so it feels kinda played out to me. But this isn't a thread to bash the Big Apple/National show... "I'm not here to talk about the past." -- Big Mac.

:insane:

Actually, I see your point. Speaking of the Big Apple show, I heard this year is the last one. Anybody know if that's true? (shrug)

October 2010 is a long time to wait for a Con of this size. I'm looking at San Diego, but the hotel/airfare alone will force a "dollar bin only" budget. :eek:

Uh, I beg to differ....I think it's too early. :screwy:

:sorry:

If all you had in your town between now and then was a tired Carbanaro "show" (The National) to "look forward to", you would understand. [/quote

I agree, I look forward to the National every year. It may not have the best accomadations and it's much smaller then the NYCC but they get some real great guests. I'm a big fan.

it is so cold in february, particularly where the show is located (just off the Hudson River), i understand them moving it. you don't want to kill half your attendees with frostbite.

hey, don't forget lemur's holiday inn shows! (he's still having them, right?) if you're coming in from the burbs not a bad one to stop by for a little bit if you're doing something else in manhattan that day too.

in this economy you can probably get some open space on the cheap. i wonder if there might be MORE shows...(with cheaper tables i hope, cheaper admission)... except the guest "talent" still wants to get paid i guess

honestly, if you can get a cheap price on some empty giant store for 2 days (and there are going to be a lot of them) there's probably money to be made charging $40-50 for tables and $3-5 at the door.