• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,994 posts in this topic

On 6/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, Robot Man said:

What year is that from? Also it is #2 so, wouldn’t #1 be the first? I have a few books from the 1920’s but I wouldn’t consider them “comic books”.

It was published in April,1938. Yes, issue 1 might be the first. Unfortunately, there are no photos of that issue or the 1st issue of the 2nd Aussie Felix series. I have spoke with several golden age Aussie collectors and no one has ever seen a copy of either one. 

Edited by Davidone

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Under graded Ebay purchase from Blissard. Wow, what a cool book! Great colors and a nice cover. I love Walt Kelly. This is also one of those cool matte covers from 1946 that seem to keep the inks so vivid and bright.  Why these seem to go so cheap is beyond me...

comanimal22.jpg

That's a great book Bob; yes it is a shame these are so under appreciated unless you happen to be buying them!!

Here's the Racine file copy below of that book.

tn_Animal22Released.jpg.6ed0616bd9cab20748e74d6a88a0392e.jpg

17 hours ago, 50YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Toledo gets no respect!!

I remember driving through Toledo once years ago on my way to do some stuff at Ford in Dearborn and stopped to see the pandas (or maybe it was just one--I can't remember). I don't remember how it was that the Toledo zoo managed to get a panda (or two) or whether they are still there. Having lost the ped, I hope they still have the panda!

I would like to have gone to a Mud Hens game but they were on the road.