• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,994 posts in this topic

I have been a Duck collector since I was a teenager.  I enjoy finding those crossovers into different media.  Barks story about the bill collectors was converted from a comic story in WDCS 74 to text in book format Donald and the Boys.  I especially liked the part where the nephews defeated Bat Man.  The art was redrawn a little to help it along but still good Barks.

35907984333_c4b4132df1_b.jpg

Sometimes the comic books were copied to make Big Little Books.  BLB books sometimes had an extra cartoon that could be animated by flipping the pages.  It would be nice to see all of those animations if someone has the time and energy to put them together.

36586873231_0c8bbc1f29_b.jpg

On 5/30/2018 at 9:42 PM, Microbia said:

467DD8C8-E38B-481C-AF55-441C01A613D7.jpeg

I love this issue, it's a hard to find one and the cover was only inked by L.B. Cole, that I am almost 100 percent certain. Almost all pre Star Publications funny animal covers attributed to Cole were only inked by him, they were drawn by Ellis Chambers. Some were signed by both of them, but most are totally unsigned. Cole's solo funny animal covers for Star are very different, he tried to copy Chambers' style in those, like the use of the double lines.

I haven't really bought many funny animal GA comics but found this cool one at the LCS pretty cheap ... I wouldn't think its L.B. Cole, but it seems odd that someone had him do a cover recreation of it so who knows: https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/l-b-cole-taffy-comics-4-cover-recreation-original-art-undated-/a/121647-13042.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Taffy 4.jpg

On 11/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, Robot Man said:

I rarely buy books with rat chews...but my buddy Catrick put this cool book up for sale for a mere $20. How could I say no?

61C46029-DB03-48D1-A575-1D8F683F383E.jpeg

the mouse had good taste