• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets See Those Funny Animal Books!
2 2

1,994 posts in this topic

yeh when Cheetah mentioned in a thread he was going to liquidate I knew I couldn't ask for piecemeal this or that and I also couldn't afford to buy him out of one of his long runs.  So I reached out and asked about his Friskies toot suite.

Remember this one from our friend?

SillyTunes01fc_zpshct3lih3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

I really really dig the funny animals.  So trippy.  If I'm not mistaken, I think my fascination with them is your fault. :baiting:

JackintheBox01fc100_zpsk0rnigsw_1.jpg

That's one I haven't seen. Cool!

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I saw the originator (CapFreak) at the flea market with his mom last Sunday. She has a booth there. I didn’t say anything to him. Still a geek, just an older geek...

Anybody remember him?

I do but I haven't heard that name in a long time.  He definitely burned bridges with people who wanted to help him.

17 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

I really really dig the funny animals.  So trippy.  If I'm not mistaken, I think my fascination with them is your fault. :baiting:

JackintheBox01fc100_zpsk0rnigsw_1.jpg

I have also loved a lot of the off beat funny animal books. A ton of still undiscovered stuff. I am surprised all the time. Just about the last untapped genre.

9 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I do but I haven't heard that name in a long time.  He definitely burned bridges with people who wanted to help him.

He always seemed like a nice kid. He used to come by my booth at the flea market and bought books from me. I always give kids like him a great deal because they are the future of this hobby. Seemed very polite and smart. I was very surprised at his meltdown at SDCC. I think he had some troubles at home. If I see him out at the flea again, I think I will say Hi and see what he is up to.

14 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

He always seemed like a nice kid. He used to come by my booth at the flea market and bought books from me. I always give kids like him a great deal because they are the future of this hobby. Seemed very polite and smart. I was very surprised at his meltdown at SDCC. I think he had some troubles at home. If I see him out at the flea again, I think I will say Hi and see what he is up to.

I was with him at that SD Con and had helped him at times through the Boards.  Everyone was very surprised and disappointed as it came seemingly out of the blue.

4 hours ago, Robot Man said:

A couple of cool funny animal pickups just arrived in my mail box yesterday. Sometimes I just scratch my head and wonder why these are so cheap and nobody seems to want them?

comgiggle51.jpg

comgiggle59.jpg

I want em.