• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Lampoons for sale

116 posts in this topic

National Lampoon #17 VG - $10 (everything intact)

NOTE: All of the 2nd year issues are scarce according to Doug Sulipa.

Here is what you get with this magazine (from Doug's website):

BUMMER issue; Kelly Freas cover art; Defeat Comics with the Fightin' Four, art by Granite; Welfare MONOPOLY parody;Special Canadian Supplement = CANADA the retarded giant on your doorstep, with Hockey, Canadian identity, RCMP pig on horseback; 1pg Frog Prince with Orlando art; BUMMERS with Arnold Roth art; Rusty "Machine Gun" Calley vs Charles "Charlie" Manson Boxing parody with Meyerowitz art; Ralph Nader parody; Movie poster parody with Gray Morrow art; Jane Fonda & Nixon.

NationalLampoon17.jpg

National Lampoon #18 FN+ - $15 (everything intact)

KIDS issue; Mattelson cover art; Arnold Roth art; Hardy Boys parody with Hess art; Little Girl at the Dixee Hoel with Donna Moody art; Games Children Play with Gahan Wilson art; "Death Is" = PEANUTS/Snoopy/Charlie Brown Parody, with John Weidman art.

NationalLampoon18.jpg

do you have January, 1973??

Had it, but Greggy already snagged it.

:acclaim:
NationalLampoon34.jpg

Bah.......it is only a FN/VF copy.

Better than my icky POS copy.

nationallampoon173.jpg

If that's the best they were selling, you should have let them shoot the dog!

National Lampoon #13 FN/VF - $20 (everything in tact)

ADVENTURE issue; FRANK FRAZETTA Painted Cover art; Derby Dames on Parade;

TARZAN of the Cows with Frank Springer art; Arnold Roth art; Real Balls adventure mag; Jean-Paul Sauvage Philosopher Detective {Doc Savage pulp parody}; Great American Cereal Box, with Orlando art; Booblegum Card {Baseball & Football Card parody} .

NationalLampoon13fc.jpg

NationalLampoon13bc.jpg

:takeit:

Also interested in the issue with the crucified alien Frazetta cover. Let me know if you have it...

Thanks, guys!

Andy - I believe I have two copies of the crucified Alien copy. One from this run and a copy of my own from a while back.

I will start posting new mags later this afternoon if everything works out according to my schedule (and as long as the wife does not come up with any fun tasks for me to do lol ).

National Lampoon #13 FN/VF - $20 (everything in tact)

ADVENTURE issue; FRANK FRAZETTA Painted Cover art; Derby Dames on Parade;

TARZAN of the Cows with Frank Springer art; Arnold Roth art; Real Balls adventure mag; Jean-Paul Sauvage Philosopher Detective {Doc Savage pulp parody}; Great American Cereal Box, with Orlando art; Booblegum Card {Baseball & Football Card parody} .

NationalLampoon13fc.jpg

NationalLampoon13bc.jpg

:takeit:

Also interested in the issue with the crucified alien Frazetta cover. Let me know if you have it...

Man, that's what I get for sleeping zzzdoh!

Okay, after a longer than expected delay, here are some new books (I have the entire run up to #79 to list, plus a handful of specials):

National Lampoon #19 FN- - $10 (everything intact)

BACK TO SCHOOL issue; Rodrigues art; Campus War = board Game; 15 page MAD magazine Parody; Citizen Kane comics parody, with Ernie Colan art, John Romita painted cover, Orlando art & Ralph Reese art; 6 page BEATLES parody = "Magical Misery Tour" with Randall Enos art; 125th Street = Sesame Street TV parody

NationalLampoon19.jpg

National Lampoon #20 FN/VF - $25 (everything intact)

Looks better but there is light ink transfer from stacking that does not show up in the scan that well on the white front cover.

HORROR issue; Gahan Wilson cover art; Phantom of the Rock Opera Photo-Novel in Comics format; DRAGULA, Queen of Darkness = Dracula parody, with FRAZETTA inner Cover art & 9 pages NEAL ADAMS art; Dr. Jekyll's surgical supply catalogue; Gray Morrow art; HOT & Scarcer issue

NationalLampoon20fc.jpg

NationalLampoon20c.jpg

National Lampoon #21 FN- - $10 (everything intact)

Looks better but there is some light wear towards the bottom left side/spine on the back cover.

CHRISTMAS issue; Rodrigues cover art; Jessica CHRIST = Jesus parody with nudity; "Boys' Romances" comics with Orlando art; Christmas Story comics with Arnold Roth art; Gratuitous Wish-Fullfillment Dept. comics = with Frank Springer art.

NationalLampoon21.jpg

NationalLampoon21bc.jpg

National Lampoon #23 FN- - $10 (everything intact)

NOTE: All of the 2nd year issues are UNCOMMON according to Doug Sulipa.

CRIME issue; Hess painted cover art; "The Case of the Loquacious Rapist!" comic strip mixed with photo novel = Michael Sullivan art; "Riders of the Black Hand Comics" = Frank Springer art; the Awdrey-Gore Legacy by Edward Gorey; Jeff Jones Pinup art of Fu-Manchu playing Chess; "the Thoughts of chairman Fu-Manchu" by Henry Beard; TRACY parody comics = H.B.Nichols art; "the Last Mile" = Rodrigues art; >>> {1/2 to 1 page Comic Strips; NUTS Comic strip = Gahan Wilson art; Chicken Gutz = Enos Art; Crash Christian = Springer art, 1st CHEECH WIZARD in NL = Vaughn BODE art, 1st Mule's Diner = Stan Mack & Thom Roberts}, 1st tales of the Time Beast = Sullivan art.

NationalLampoon23.jpg

National Lampoon #25 VG+ - $10 (everything intact)

Looks better but there is a 1/4" split at the bottom of the spine.

NOTE: All of the 2nd year issues are UNCOMMON according to Doug Sulipa.

25th ANNIVERSARY issue; Third Base, the Dating Newspaper; Cursory History of the National Lampoon = Arnold Roth art; "Frontline Dentists" Comics parody = Frank Springer art; "Man in Toilet" = Rodrigues art; "Commie Plot Comics" = Frank Springer art; the 1958 Bulgemobiles = CAR parody section by Bruce McCall; Amos 'N' Andy meet the Honeymooners parody interviews; PLAYBOY fallout shelter; >>> {1/2 to 1 page Comic Strips; NUTS Comic strip = Gahan Wilson art; IDYL comic strip = JEFF JONES art; CHEECH WIZARD = Vaughn BODE art; Doctor Colon's Monster = Rodrigues art; Vinny Shinblind the invisible Sex Maniac = P. Bramley art; Chicken Gutz = Enos Art.

NationalLampoon25fc-1.jpg

National Lampoon #21 FN- - $10 (everything intact)

Looks better but there is some light wear towards the bottom left side/spine on the back cover.

CHRISTMAS issue; Rodrigues cover art; Jessica CHRIST = Jesus parody with nudity; "Boys' Romances" comics with Orlando art; Christmas Story comics with Arnold Roth art; Gratuitous Wish-Fullfillment Dept. comics = with Frank Springer art.

That's an Edward Gorey cover, not Rodrigues (whoever that is).

Do you have the June 1975 issue I PMed you about? That's also a Gorey cover.