• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Well since the snooty spider-collectors have proudly displayed their AF15 grails in an exclusive thread :baiting:, I feel it's about time one was started for THE MOST IMPORTANT SILVER AGE BOOK...PERIOD!

THIS is the book that started the Mighty Marvel Age of Comics!

THIS is the book that introduced the first Marvel Superhero Team since the GA.

THIS is the book that started the GREATEST creative run in the history of comics! No other title comes close to the immortalized Lee/Kirby run! :sumo:

Everyone feel free to post their FF #1's proudly! :thumbsup:

Well I am not officially a member of this club...Yet!!! :gossip: I am paying on my grail, however, and will have it in my possession sometime this year. When I finally receive it, I will post the slabbed pic. Here is a raw pic of the one I am purchasing.

May I present my soon to be acquired grail:

Harry's (Burntboy) OO Sid's Luncheonette Copy :applause:

FF1FC.jpg

I am not yet eligible to join but, I am working on it long and hard, here's a beauty from the dirty dirty South..way south, again..NOT MINE, one day, one day..behold my grail:

75316.jpg.be972dcad63014d4134827f6a9aeca2e.jpg

Well, ironically, as a snooty Spidey collector I am sans AF15 at the present, I can proudly put forth my acceptance into the FF 1 club! :headbang:

Not HG, but purchased in '71 for 50-cents from a fanzine...in some ways I love my damaged beauties more than my HGs...

I'm in!

FANTASTICFOUR1VG-q-7.jpg

Not a bad club idea... though it seems there's a subscription streak of envy running down the middle :baiting:lol

Joking guys. I've no problem recognizing the sheer significance of this issue even though it doesn't have the same level of recognition outside of the comic collecting world. And the price alone is what has kept me from nabbing one up already. Would definitely be fun to join this club at some point as well. :foryou:

You asked for it.....

This one is white hot!!!

Then again, almost every pic of an FF #1 widens my eyes a bit.

Thanks Thomas for starting this long overdue thread , uh... I mean CLUB!!

And that Sid's copy..... you lucky dog you!!!! A nice grade with an awesome story too!