• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

CGC 2.0 blue. Yay!

ff001.jpg

Dan, based on the front cover, I can't help but think this would be a touch higher than 2.0. What were the other defects that brought it down? Really nice copy you have there!

Well since the snooty spider-collectors have proudly displayed their AF15 grails in an exclusive thread :baiting:, I feel it's about time one was started for THE MOST IMPORTANT SILVER AGE BOOK...PERIOD!

THIS is the book that started the Mighty Marvel Age of Comics!

THIS is the book that introduced the first Marvel Superhero Team since the GA.

THIS is the book that started the GREATEST creative run in the history of comics! No other title comes close to the immortalized Lee/Kirby run! :sumo:

Everyone feel free to post their FF #1's proudly! :thumbsup:

Well I am not officially a member of this club...Yet!!! :gossip: I am paying on my grail, however, and will have it in my possession sometime this year. When I finally receive it, I will post the slabbed pic. Here is a raw pic of the one I am purchasing.

May I present my soon to be acquired grail:

Harry's (Burntboy) OO Sid's Luncheonette Copy :applause:

FF1FC.jpg

I read the story about Sid's and you got one helluva book coming...Enjoy!!

- Brannon

2.0 seems right to me. Wish I had one.

Eh... looks a little stronger than 2.0 in my books. I think the Marvel Chipping keeps it from looking like a 3.0, so 2.5 imo. Then again, we're only seeing one aspect of the book.

Offhand... what's the price range for a book like this in low grade (1.0-1.8)? Not really grubbing for GPA per se, but just wondering what some realistic deals are on this book? I'm debating about continuing the hunt for a TMNT 1, this book, or making my initial foray into GA (Bats or Tecs).

2.0 seems right to me. Wish I had one.

Eh... looks a little stronger than 2.0 in my books. I think the Marvel Chipping keeps it from looking like a 3.0, so 2.5 imo. Then again, we're only seeing one aspect of the book.

Offhand... what's the price range for a book like this in low grade (1.0-1.8)? Not really grubbing for GPA per se, but just wondering what some realistic deals are on this book? I'm debating about continuing the hunt for a TMNT 1, this book, or making my initial foray into GA (Bats or Tecs).

I think the last couple of coverless have gone for around $500... :devil:

I'm debating about continuing the hunt for a TMNT 1, this book, or making my initial foray into GA (Bats or Tecs).

I strongly recommend you go with an FF 1!

If I could only own one comic, it would be FF 1. I sometimes call comics like Marvel Mystery 8 a grail, but for me, FF 1 is the grail.

Now is a good time to buy a lot of the GA Bat books....the markets's kind of soft.If I were trying to decide....I always ask which book would I take on a LONG interstellar voyage....If I could only take one. It would definitely be FF1 for me...out of the choices you have.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Now is a good time to buy a lot of the GA Bat books....the markets's kind of soft.If I were trying to decide....I always ask which book would I take on a LONG interstellar voyage....If I could only take one. It would definitely be FF1 for me...out of the choices you have.GOD BLESS...

P.S. Maybe Thomas will RENT me his Sid's copy for a few weeks.

The Tec's havent been THAT soft, but prices have calmed down. Batman title, I dont know as I dont collect it. But even low grade copies are generally easy sells. As for what to buy? FF1 is a no brainer. It is becoming a serious goal. But my Detective run is just too important.

P.S. Maybe Thomas will RENT me his Sid's copy for a few weeks.

:acclaim: