• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 CLUB

1,062 posts in this topic

Count me in as a temporary member. A solid 1.0, well maybe 0.9

Complete but beat!

ff_1.jpg

:cloud9:

A well-loved copy!!

I love how the chip out of the top right leaves the word "Kirby"!

It could technically read, "Fantastic Kirby Authority"

Great copy. I have a really low grade one I hope to post soon when I get it scanned!

I'm looking to join this wonderful club with an FF1 CGC 3.0 blue...anyone care to provide GPA for this?

Thanks!

GPA would. :baiting:

www.gpanalysis.com

Is it bad form for those of us who cannot justify the expense of this to ask the occasional GPA question? I've seen others do this and was under the impression that it was no big deal.

I'm looking to join this wonderful club with an FF1 CGC 3.0 blue...anyone care to provide GPA for this?

Thanks!

www.gpanalysis.com

Is it bad form for those of us who cannot justify the expense of this to ask the occasional GPA question? I've seen others do this and was under the impression that it was no big deal.

Yes you can ask, but there answers will vary. There are about 1/2 of us who have no problem answering and another 1/2 who think it's bad form/being cheap/etc. There was a debate about this in General a few weeks back.

And I'd PM you, but I let my subscription run out :(

LOVE the FF #1 low grade btw! If you ever look to upgrade, PM me--that has the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Pedigree written ALL over it! :cloud9:

Count me in as a temporary member. A solid 1.0, well maybe 0.9

Complete but beat!

ff_1.jpg

Just the fact that you own one is uber-kool !! I love this copy ! :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

That's the official designation for my SA books ;)

I just noticed that Mac Man!

You know, after spending a year on these boards, I just realized that the registry bars at the bottom were links. :P Duh!!

Well I'm really showing my newbie side! :blush:

Thanks!

www.gpanalysis.com

If you can afford an FF #1 in 3.0, you can afford a one month membership to GPA. And such membership will pay for itself with the purchase of your grail. :sumo:

That's the official designation for my SA books ;)

I just noticed that Mac Man!

You know, after spending a year on these boards, I just realized that the registry bars at the bottom were links. :P Duh!!

Well I'm really showing my newbie side! :blush:

Dude... my collection is almost completely raw. I just keep the registry for the odd slabbed book that finds it's way to my home. The ASM 1 just happened to be WAY too good of a deal to pass up, and it just happened to be slabbed when I got it.

Here we go! Definitley in the Low Grade chapter!

My FF#1 purchased at Chicago Comics last May 2008 on Free Comic Book Day.

My wife and I were doing a signing in the store and this book kept smiling at me every time I looked around at the wall of vintage books. During this time, I had just started reading this legendary run with the Essential Marvel collections. I even had the first volume with me and was actively reading on the plane. I was around issue #17 at this time, well past the point that I realized this series friggin rocked like the Thing's fists :headbang: and was groundbreaking as hell for the time! I wasn't going to bite until I found out that as guests, we received some store credit. After a bit of talking and some trading, I was able to get the book for a great price.

One of my favorite comic souveniers ever!

I also blame this book for the fact that I started reading only the originals around issue #40!

Also, last month I picked up a copy of FF#28 which completed my run of FF #1-100 in under a year. :acclaim:

75872.gif.f2d8419a13c45bd3efb074f966b1a7e6.gif

My wife and I were doing a signing in the store and this book kept smiling at me every time I looked around at the wall of vintage books. During this time, I had just started reading this legendary run with the Essential Marvel collections. I even had the first volume with me and was actively reading on the plane. I was around issue #17 at this time, well past the point that I realized this series friggin rocked like the Thing's fists :headbang: and was groundbreaking as hell for the time! I wasn't going to bite until I found out that as guests, we received some store credit. After a bit of talking and some trading, I was able to get the book for a great price.

I also blame this book for the fact that I started reading only the originals around issue #40!

Also, last month I picked up a copy of FF#28 which completed my run of FF #1-100 in under a year. :acclaim:

:applause:

:applause:

:applause: :applause: