• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Locke & Key appreciation thread
2 2

2,982 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2019 at 8:03 PM, Cheryllynn1 said:

I'm excited too!  It's been a long time coming.  First episode due December 31st of this year on Netflix!

I said I would never post in this thread ever again, but I had to welcome my dear friend, Cheryl (back) to the boards.:applause:

Thank you my friend NEG!  Can you believe it?  It's been years since I have posted here, obviously they reset everything of mine including my user name and -0- posts.  lol!  Oh well... I'm still around and going to get back into comics for a bit... I still have long boxes full of raw so some grading will be done...

1 hour ago, Cheryllynn1 said:

Thank you my friend NEG!  Can you believe it?  It's been years since I have posted here, obviously they reset everything of mine including my user name and -0- posts.  lol!  Oh well... I'm still around and going to get back into comics for a bit... I still have long boxes full of raw so some grading will be done...

If you pm @Architecht He should be able to restore your account from the boards migration :foryou: usually the username ending in "1" means that it is still in the system.....

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 4:38 AM, Ultra Ambient said:

Obviously the most profitable way to sell these books is all at once.  We shall coordinate our listings.

And similar pricing because obviously, the lowest priced books will sell first.  There are quite a few of these graded so it should be interesting.  lol!

Man, it's been ages since I posted but I saw a familiar face and had to comment. Hi CherylLynn! I have been following Joe on Instagram and totally looking forward to Locke&Key. I hope its as well received as Umbrella Academy and Stranger Things.

I think this is a tragically undervalued book and a great spec pic.  The series was amazing.  Joe Hill has more and more fans outside the world of comics and there's a ton of buzz around NOZ4A2 (I probably spelled that wrong).  Other than the first issue, what are the other key books that you guys see appreciating in value in this series?  I remember there were some variants, but I don't remember any of those books being really hard to find.  That being said, it's been a long time since I was reading Locke and Key.  Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

I think this is a tragically undervalued book and a great spec pic.  The series was amazing.  Joe Hill has more and more fans outside the world of comics and there's a ton of buzz around NOZ4A2 (I probably spelled that wrong).  Other than the first issue, what are the other key books that you guys see appreciating in value in this series?  I remember there were some variants, but I don't remember any of those books being really hard to find.  That being said, it's been a long time since I was reading Locke and Key.  Thanks! 

I have always expected that the cover to Head Games #2 with Bode's head mapped out would be used for billboards. But other than Welcome to Lovecraft #1, I don't have an opinion on any other issues. Maybe some of the limited edition early keys (signed/dated) produced by Skelton Studio might be good spec plays.

Image result for locke key cover 2 head games

On 5/29/2019 at 9:40 AM, Comic_Diva said:

Man, it's been ages since I posted but I saw a familiar face and had to comment. Hi CherylLynn! I have been following Joe on Instagram and totally looking forward to Locke&Key. I hope its as well received as Umbrella Academy and Stranger Things.

:hi: 

Not to derail this thread.

But... you were so right about Doctor Who!